16

You sigh anxiously as you slightly pace back and forth in one of Bulma's unused bedrooms. You were there mainly in case ChiChi stopped by unexpectedly, and you weren't ready to confront her at all just yet.

Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan had gone to go and find all of the dragon balls while you stayed back at Capsule Corps with Bulma and a few of the others, considering it shouldn't take the three older Saiyans longer than an hour or two to find the aforementioned dragon balls.

Biting your bottom lip softly, you go and sit on the unused bed where your sentimental box resides. You gently pick it up, unlock it again and take out the picture of your parents to study.

Rata and Toulle. Those were the names that Vegeta told you. They had been part of the soldiers trained in protecting King Vegeta, but so much for that, right? Your guesses were that they had gotten wind of Frieza's plan to destroy the planet, and had gotten away. But, if they had been getting tracked down and followed, it had to mean that someone in Frieza's army, or even Frieza himself, couldn't get them to follow their orders to return home at that time.

They hadn't been the only ones, of course, considering the unknown Saiyans that were still out there, either serving him or hiding the way your parents tried to.

The fact that Vegeta knew them by name, too, must have meant that he had come in contact with them during his own childhood. But what about you? Not remembering anything sucked, but at least you'd be finding out today.

You just... You wondered how you'd be getting those memories back. How had they even locked them away in the first place?

Oh Kami, what if they had done something similar to the way Goku lost his memories? A good enough strike to the head could achieve that. Hopefully it wasn't some type of witch or warlock either.

And you needed to make sure to get your memories back as safe as you could, too. No need to have your brain exploding, that's for sure!

You sighed heavily, but tensed up as you sensed two energy levels quickly approaching.

Trunks, and Goten.

Sucking in a sharp breath, you already know that you couldn't try and conceal your energy at this point, instead bracing yourself for the two tykes that had been left in the dark about your disappearance to come busting through the door.

And, right you were, because the second you felt them approaching the door, they swung it open hard enough to dent the wall, and startle the red panda lounging lazily on the windowsill with a belly full of grapes and strawberries.

"Y/N!!" You open your arms as the two boys yell your name, and you get tackled back on the bed by their rushed little bear hugs.

Almost immediately, Goten has tears spilling out of his eyes as small sobs are already rocking his little frame, his arms around you in a vice grip. Trunks is lightly sniffling, holding you almost as tight but still enough to nearly crush your ribs.

"H-Hey, you two." You say warily, as you feel tears welling up in your own eyes as you hug them back. You felt your guilt and sadness hitting you at once.

"W-Where were you? Mom said that you had to leave to start your own life, but I didn't believe her! I-I thought you had died!" Goten cried, your tears starting to spill over. "Oh, Goten.. I'm so sorry, to both of you.. I.. I did have to leave, but it... It was because of something coming up that I couldn't tell you about... I'm so sorry for making you both so sad and worried..."

They both hug you more, making it hard for you to breathe. For a moment you just sit there, gently reassuring and coaxing both boys down to little to no sniffles.