2

Aviva.

****
I dusted the snow off my coat as my key fell to the ground. Picking it up,?I looked around and sighed shaking my head, why was I feeling paranoid today! I sniffed walking towards my car parked on the other end of the road.

I hated winter, it made no sense why it had to be that cold, the snow becoming heavier was making my mood worse, I was now a single woman, something I never anticipated for but I should have.

David was an asshole and I was ducking stupid to ever think we would work, how could have thought I would marry that bastard. I rubbed my eyes trying to get myself in order.

This winter was disaster, my life was slowly falling away, I am fucking bored, nothing interesting ever happened. I thought getting engaged would make me preoccupied but I guess I was wrong.

I needed to get home, with the way the snow was coming there might be a storm soon. She entered her car and sighed, she needed to get her thoughts in check, she would see that asshole tomorrow and she couldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing her being affected by what he did. Being coworkers with your ex was awful.

He had disrespected me in every way possible, and I had taken it like a fool, how could I have thought he was going to propose. Bianca was right all along and the fact that I did not listen made it ten times worse. I hated myself for wallowing in self pity, it would do me no good but I must wanted to drown in it. Exhausted, I rubbed the back of my neck, trying to get my mind on bored with what was going to happen that night.

I shifted, deciding to take up the 'friends' offer Dina had suggested before I left to get my nails and hair done, I couldn't believe I had all this done to impress that asshole for him to shit on me like that. God I was a joke!

I opened my phone trying to find Dina's name icon, my car's door jerked opened and closed almost shaking the whole car, I looked up, with wide eyes, ready to tell David to leave my car only to see a man in a hoodie.

My heart pounded in esr as I stared the stranger with wide eyes. I couldn't see his face, his hand shook and I could see an outlining of blood thanks to the street light.

Oh God! What the hell?! That was blood! The man was bleeding!

"Drive!" he grunted, but I was frozen, not registering what he said. only my eyes darted here and there, even in the cold, hot sweat broke out from my face, my hands shook as he pulled out an A.357 magnum revolver pointing at my stomach.

Oh God! Oh God! I am going to die! Fuck! I gasped the key still in my hands, I shook violently, my heart rate speeding up, I could not swallow the lump in my throat as I felt him push it into my stomach, fear almost paralyzed me as I froze, several red flags flashing in my head.

"Fucking start the car!" he gritted out silently, it looked like he did not want to draw any attention to us. I did not know how I moved my numb hands, I moved the key toward the ignition and I  started the car, swallowing a hard lump, and moved it out of its sport.

Lord! I was in trouble! I should trusted Bianca! I should have taken up the offer the Dina presented. Now I am in a car with a stranger and my death is only imminent.

God! Apart from the fact that I was heartbroken, I would die a horrible death. Where was my taser? Oh right I left in in the salon thinking I would send the night in David's company, I did not think I would need it that why I did not go back and retrieve it, I should have known better.

I took in deep breaths, breathing in and out, remembering to not allow the fear to take over me. I remember what my therapist told me, I cannot allow fear take over, even though I met get killed in minutes.