46

****
EDUARDO.

A month has gone by since she left. I was trying to get used to it, but I couldn't, I could never. The master bedroom had been emptied, I decided today to send her everything. I could not keep sleeping in the bedroom, I had everything she used as it was when she was with me. I made sure nobody but me entered the room.

I realized my obsession with Aviva was way worse than I thought. My men were even more worried, I sent Mikel and some men to watch over her, I could not rest even though I let her go. It was for the best I kept repeating in my head but my heart, my heart did not want to hear it. I wanted to pick my phone up and call her. I wanted her back in Beverly Hills, talking to me, laughing at her silly jokes and her stories.

I never told her I enjoyed her gossip. I didn't only enjoy it, I loved it. I hated that it was cut short, by my head, but I knew I was doing everything for the best. It was not easy to live without her, to move on from what we had but I knew that I would survive. I would live even with the pain and fear I felt.

I had her debit card delivered to her and without a word, she broke it. I knew what I said to her was awful but it was money, Aviva loved money. She should not refuse it, not when she needs it.

Aviva had been staying with her friend but she was without a job, her friend was barely making ends meet. I wanted to have enough. I hated that she was very stubborn, if she just accepted the credit card, her life would have been so much better.

Donald had called a cease-fire and I had time to focus on clearing up my business with Marco. I wanted nothing to do with the bastard after Rio, we had a common enemy and I did everything to find him, it was like a game of cat and mouse with Rio. He had been in LA for the last seven months and we have been fighting, and trying to catch each other.

He seemed invisible, but he was not untraceable, if I take down Viktor, he goes down too. I was mostly going by the rumour I heard that Viktor's second-in-command was not happy with Viktor's dealing with Rio. I was glad if I killed Viktor, there are high chance that they would throw Rio out but I would have another target on my back which I did not need. I wanted it to be a clean job.

I wanted everything to go perfectly, which meant that I had to use Rio to take down Viktor, it seemed simple but it was very complicated. Rio was a smart man, he had proven time and time again that he knew me very well and he knew exactly how to handle me. I was one to make impulsive decisions like shooting the bastard in the fucking head but not now. I had to do everything indirectly. I didn't need the glory of killing Viktor, it was unnecessary.

I was tired of America, I wanted to return to Spain, I was tired of seeing Marco Mancini act like I was his son when he did nothing to stop Donald when he was attacking me.

"Boss, are you sure it is going to work?" I looked up, "No, but we must try." I said dryly. I was not interested in whatever they were saying, I had my camera on, and I had Mikel place the cameras in strategic places. I could not help it. I wanted to see what she was doing, his she was faring. Mikel made sure nothing happened to her. I was terrified of when Donald would finally get tired and approach her in New York, I was sure he knew where she was.

I wondered what he was thinking, why he had not approached her yet. I was going crazy thinking of what he could be planning, what he had installed for Aviva.

"Rio will not fall for it, he is smart," Carlos said putting his hand in his chin, "I don't care," I said, and stood up. "Just do it! It doesn't matter. The only thing is that he would suspect it was me but he would not prove it."

"Stealing from the Bravta is a big deal, if they find out you try to frame him, only God knows how they will retaliate."

I shrugged, "I do not care, just do it. See if will work."