40

****
Aviva.

"Eduardo," I called out and stopped in my tracks, what was he doing?! I looked around surprised by what I saw. He turned to me, his face softened and he smiled.

"Good morning, Have a seat," he said flipping the pancake. I nodded and took my seat on the kitchen stool.

"Where is Lisa what are you making?" I asked looking around the kitchen, hoping she would show up, "I gave her a day off, she needed to attend her niece's wedding in Carson, She left this morning."

"Oh." he placed scrambled egg and toast into a plate for me, "I didn't you could cook?" I picked up my fork and picked the egg apart.

"I can, My abuela raised me, I had to learn it so she would let me rest in the house. She wanted me to be self-sufficient."

"That's refreshing," I stated shoving more eggs into my mouth, he walked to the fridge and brought orange juice and a jug of milk.

"I was worried when I woke up to find an empty bed," I said, pushing braids behind my ear. He took his sit across from me.

"This is so nice!" I moaned softly, savouring the taste of my eggs. He smiled and shook more into his mouth.

"I think it is high time you leant this to protect yourself don't you think Aviva?" I frowned, Why was he bringing something like that up?! Did something happen with Rio?

"I can see the panic in your eyes, Aviva, Nothing happened, I just want you to know how to protect yourself."

I wondered what he was thinking, and he continued eating without saying much to me, "I like the food, it is very nice."

Eduardo stood carrying my empty plate, "Where are Carlos and Alejandro?" I asked, looking around. "I sent them to Detriot, something needed to be done," he said over his shoulder.

"The house is quiet today, Carlos is not here to scream his lungs out," I said jokingly.

"You did not eat enough Aviva, I have noticed that you haven't been eating enough," he pulled the remaining eggs and bacon from the frying pan.

"I am watching my weight, I have been doing nothing for the past five months but eating, watching movies, and sleeping. It's sweet to do but I am putting on weight."

"Eat, Aviva," he placed the plate on the island, "a little weight will do you some good." I rolled my eyes and pulled out the plate, I started eating my bacon and took the juice he gave me.

"We have somewhere to be." I blinked, "We are going somewhere?" I asked and he nodded, sitting down.

"You have been in this house for too long, and what you said resonated with me. We cannot continue living in fear of what Rio might do."

"Why did you change your mind? Have you gotten him?" he shook his head.

"I have thought about how I handled the situation, I cannot continue to hide you in here, let us go out and do something."

My mouth opened and closed, he was serious?! Wow! That is nice, I have been in the house for so long that it felt very refreshing to want to leave. After that happened yesterday I was happy to do something that would distract me.

"This is so nice!" I said, excited, "Go, wear something nice, we can explore LA today, maybe even go to the beaches."

"Thank you!" I said happily and walked around the island, tiptoed and kissed him. I skipped back to my room. Mikel was not in the house, I didn't bother to ask where he was, I was just glad that he was not following me anymore.