17

****
Eduardo.

"Who is the woman?" Alejandro asked me as we walked toward Marco's office. I glanced at him as he watched me suspiciously.

"We have much to do, Rio is out there causing a fucking rampage and I believe that he is planning something. Before he does anything crazy, I want us to be five steps ahead of him."

He said nothing about Aviva and I knocked and entered Marco's office. Marco was talking to Lorenzo, their voices went down when we entered the room. I sat down, and Alejandro followed suit.

"Alejandro, it is nice to meet you again," Marco shook his head, "Same here Don Mancini," he said and we all sat around the round table.

"So now down to business, Los Angeles has been my territory do more than a decade and just five years ago the Russians brought their dirty business into town, Getting rid of them has been slow, like roaches they refuse and are very persistent. The last I heard Viktor was shot by Don Eduardo."

So he knew, he had been watching us. The bastard chose not to interfere, he was going to let those bastard take me out so Benito could come after them and he would have to do anything. It was clever and sinister.

"Viktor is not dead, I shot him in his leg, and his men would not let such an injury kill him."

"We know," Lorenzo said as if accusing me of not finishing the job. I looked away from him and glanced at Marco, "Rio needs an ally in this city to gain leverage and I suspect that he might seek help from the Russians."

"That is a likelihood, but making a name for himself is not the only thing he has been doing, he has been trying to ship expensive nicotine and wine in, and he parties and chases after women. We do not know if this is a cover-up to find you."

"It is. He was partying on the day we escaped, he partied through the night, there was little security in on that beach house and I am not sure if the money he stole is not enough."

"How much?" Lorenzo asked, "12 million euros, The bastard left a trail, I just knew something was not adding up."

"It is good that he revealed himself, A traitor should not be hidden for long, we will trail him and find what he has been up to and let you know."

"That is fine, Excuse me, Don Marco, I must go now, I have other matters to attend to."

Marco nodded, we stood and Alejandro followed me out. Carlos was in Beverly Hills trying to get the house done we would move in the next morning. I wanted the whole staff to be checked, I wanted the house fully ready, for Aviva and me. I did not want her to go to a barely furnished house.

I walked out of the home office with Alejandro filling me in on what had happened this past month without me. I trusted Benito's capability but many would want to test him meaning he would have to go on a killing spree.

Benito of course did not disappoint, he did what he had to, to survive in a world like ours. Alejandro told me about Mama, Grace, Iniago, and my family, and how they dealt with my supposed demise.

My eyes fell on her, Aviva was nodding and smiling at what Catalina was saying. Catalina talked a lot and Aviva seemed okay with listening.

"Don Eduardo!" I was snapped out of my thoughts by Alejandro, he had a displeased expression. I passed him a frown, "You are distracted."

This was the second time he was saying that, my jaw clenched and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I think you are forgetting who you are talking to Alejandro!" he opened his mouth to interrupt me but I stopped him.