23

****
Eduardo.

Watching Aviva scurry off was confusing, I looked at the card in my hand as I heard footsteps, "That will be all Lisa," she bowed and walked off. I turned to Carlos who just entered the house with Mikel by his side and by his expression, I knew something had happened.

"What happened to her?" I asked as we walked toward my hike office.

"Catalina did something to Aviva, I am not sure what happened exactly but she was almost in tears when she came out of the salon, soap in her hair. Catalina said something about her throwing a tantrum and how she should apologize or something."

I stopped and frowned, "throwing a tantrum? Soap in her hair?! Did you check before leaving? What happened to her?" Carlos shook his head.

"No, she went to the bathroom to ease the soap off, I gave her my suit jacket to cover her hair." I frowned at Carlos.

"You didn't bother to find out what happened in the store Carlos," I sat on the leather chair in my office.

"No, she wanted to leave, I had to bring her back, she was so upset, I could just leave her there."

"I want men in that salon, to find out what happened, I want every detail."

Carlos nodded, "I will take care of it," he walked out of the office leaving me and Mikel.

"Leave," he nodded at me.

Dinner came and I waited patiently but Aviva did not come down for it, This was the first time I was eating dinner outside my office just to see her and his she was doing. I left her throughout the evening, if she was upset I had to give her privacy.

I checked my watch for the umpteenth time, while Carlos and Alejandro were able to eat without thinking, I could do the same. My mind kept going back to her, she must be very upset to stay up there. I dragged the chair backwards gaming the attention on Alejandro and Carlos who looked up at me.

"What are you doing?" Carlos asked but I ignored him and made my way out of the dining room toward her room. Mikel was at the end of the hallway. The east wing had the master bedroom in it and I chose to give it up to her even though I did more to tell her that.

I knocked on the door, before turning the knob, the room was dark but I switched on the light, and looked toward the bed. I could see the outline of her body, underneath the bed and I could hear breathing.

"Aviva," I muttered walking toward where she lay. I called her name again and pulled the didn't from her head, She had her eyes tightly closed, and her hands were on her head. Her hair looked different, softer and straighter. I could see Carlos's suit jacket on the offer side of the bed.

"Aviva," I said again, she sighed, "What do you want Eduardo?" she muttered.

"What happened? Why was Catalina shouting at you?"

"Snitches," she mumbled, I knew she was referring to Carlos and Mikel but I did not comment.

"Just sit up, talk to me," she sighed and sat up after a while, I blinked looking at her hair, it was longer and straighter than before. I knew very little about black women's hair so I could not tell exactly what she wanted.

"Look, you would not understand okay," she said, looking down. "Is it the hair? Carlos told me that Catalina yelled out at you and you had to wash your hair in the mall's bathroom."

"I... Catalina took me to a salon after I told her I needed a wash when we got there, I found it to be very weird there was no black hair stylist or anything but I did not think too much which I know now that I should have, the owner did not seem to be very welcoming to me and talked to Catalina and the stylist throughout the time, she never said anything to me. I asked the stylist for a wash and asked her not to put a relaxer in my hair, she told me she knew what she was doing and that I needed to calm down.