69

****
EDUARDO.

Holding my baby for the first time I had a feeling that I could not explain much, I could use all the words in the world to explain it but it would not explain what I felt holding that little bundle of joy. My child...

I kissed his little eyes, I was never going to allow any harm to come to him. His eyes were closed, I smiled at Aviva that still on the bed, repeating. I almost lost them, I was exhausted but now that we were returning to Spain, nothing would ever happen to them, I would protect them with all that I had.

Aviva was the love of my life and j would do everything and anything for her, now that Rio was gone there was nothing left to do in America. I kissed the head of my son and pulled her into my arms, I kissed her forehead and smiled.

"He is so pretty Eduardo," she muttered softly, adoration shuns in her eyes, I smiled at her, "I am so happy you and my child are alright, the men are already packing everything."

She blinked, she did not look nearly as happy as I anticipated, she was leaving her home after all what did I expect? Our little bundle opened his eyes, they were light brown, he had a head full of soil curls, and he was the most adorable child, I have ever seen. I kissed his little arm, coming at him.

"What do you think we should name him? It was too early to be thinking about names but I had a few in mind."

"I have one," I started, "Damien Reyes," she blinked.

"Damien?"

"I loved the name, I just did not know how you would like my suggestion."

Aviva sighed and shrugged, "Damien is a fine name, but I get to pick his middle name.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked her, "I am still searching but when I have one I will tell you."

I nodded with a grin and continued bouncing the baby softly, he groaned and his expression turned sour, he started wailing loudly and I handed him to Aviva, who pulled out one of her breasts and started feeding my son.

Pride swore in my chest as I watched them with happiness, nothing could ever take them from me, I would make sure it never happened.

****

"Eduardo," Aviva called as she softly placed Damien into his crib, I put down the baby magazine the hospital offered me. All the knowledge I read over the past couple of months would soon be put to the test.

"We need to talk," she said, her expression serious. She walked toward me, still limping somehow. I was not happy with it, and I asked the doctor several times about what could be done to ease her pain but the doctors said it would wear off after a few weeks, it was not good enough for me but Aviva would allow me to state my displeasure.

"Eduardo," she called and I turned to her paying all attention, "what is princess?"

"Eduardo, I still want to see my family I have not been discharged yet and they all packed all their things." I sighed.

"Of course," I said, even though I was not happy with her condition, "I have arranged for a meeting in our home," her mouth opened but I shook my head.

"I will hear no more Aviva, you have been attacked so many times that I cannot even count, the reason I ask us to leave for Spain is for your security. You might think that things will be like America but I promise you that it will not. Spain is my country, nothing like all of this will happen," I assured her but she looked away.

"I did not want you to go after Rio, I told you it was a bad idea. Nothing good ever came out of chasing him! How many times have you had a lead and it turned out futile?" she was right, and my negligence and pride did not let me listen.