57

****
AVIVA.

When I was little I would have never thought I would get involved with the mafia. I heard a lot about it leaving with Aunt Dina, and watching movies about gangsters but I never paid much mind to it. Now I was sitting on my baby daddy's chair acting in his place when he had been arrested.

Two hours before...

My eyes went up as Javier rushed in, he looked baffled as if he just run a marathon, he was panting and breathing hard. For a man who worked out regularly, it was a surprise that he was panting that much. I was currently in the kitchen watching a cooking show, I did not know how to cook anything and I was trying to learn one or two.

As soon as he regained his breath, he stared at me with a worried expression, "Javier what is it? Why did you run into here like that?"

He kept mute just staring at me, this worried me all the more, the expression on his face did not look good, as if something was happening.

"Javier!" I called him again, impatient, "Ma'am," he started softly, and I frowned, "spill it out, Javier! What's wrong?" I asked him again, this time at my wit's end. He sighed and closed his eyes, he clenched his fist before opening his eyes one more time.

"I do not mean to bring this bad news but the Don has been arrested by the Alaskan police for the murder of Viktor..."

I gasped, almost falling off from the long stool I was sitting on, "ma'am!" Javier said, almost catching me.

"No... No, I am fine... What... How did it happen?" I stuttered, unsure of what to ask him. Dread filled me as I thought of what would happen to Eduardo, God! My stomach flipped.

"Sir has commanded that we fly you out to Spain as soon as we can, he doesn't want me to deliver any news but now that it is public knowledge that the Russian leader was killed by him, the Russians will come after him and you are his... Weakness... He wants you safe."

"Safe?! Safe?! Eduardo is sitting in Alaskan prison but it doesn't want me to know and wants me to run to Spain?!"

I knew everything was for good but how could he just ask me to leave and tell them not to inform me?! That was not fair to me at all.

"Does he have a lawyer yet?" I asked him deciding not to dwell on it. His decisions at this moment were for my good, after all, he was my baby daddy and he was trying his absolute best to help me out of his mess.

"Ma'am I just... Sir needs us to leave immediately, this was the order I was given."

"You did not answer my question, Javier, does he have a lawyer?" I asked again ignoring his request.

"Not yet, he was not the only one arrested but he was the one met at the crime scene, we are doing everything we can to get him out of there."

"Without a lawyer?" I scoffed. I determined there and then that I was not going to rub to Spain, even though I left for Spain I would make sure Eduardo had a lawyer first and I say my proper goodbye, he owed me that.

"I am not leaving," I announced, "not until I say my goodbye." I finished and turned to my phone, I started the old number and I knew.

I never thought I would call in this favour but now the situation was too dire, I had to do everything to get him out.

"Ma'am," Javier started worriedly, "How long will it take for me to get to Alaska?" I asked him while the old number was still ringing.

"I.." he stopped himself from talking, I turned back to the phone and placed it on my ear as the line connected.