54

****
EDUARDO.

"Get me every book you can find on pregnancy," I said to Javier, he nodded and left my office, I powered my laptop and started walking.

The legitimate side of my business was growing more and more, art galleries, mattress companies, clubs, car dealerships real estate. I dabbled in different types of business, I used that business to clean the blood of my money. It was easy nice and clean.

I scrolled through e-mails, working to reply to them. It was boring and exhausting.

"Don," Alejandro entered my office, "what is it?" I asked not looking up from my laptop.

"The Gonzales have released a statement, Donald Gonzales is dead, he was killed and the heiress was kidnapped."

I scoffed, "of course they did," I said, unamused. "Maria Gonzales is taking up the position temporarily, her son Dray Gonzales is taking it up."

I looked up, surprised, "Maria Gonzales?" it was the first time a woman would take up the position and the person entitled to that position was Aviva, so Maria taking it up seemed out of the blue. I do not think Aviva would ever want to take that position, not after how Donald treated her.

I sighed and rubbed my temple, "Just let it happen, it is none of our business anyway, where is Javier? Where are the books I asked for?"

"I will check on him," he answered and walked out of the room. I sighed and continued my work.

****

Aviva was sitting on that balcony in my room when I entered, she turned around and smiled. I walked nowhere she was sitting and kissed her forehead, her hands automatically raised.

"Eduardo," she muttered, "baby," she stood up. "What are you doing here?" she looked back into the room.

"I came here to tell you something," I had decided that it was time for her to know, to know about my secret. She sat up, "What is it?" she did not know what I was about to say so I took her hand.

"Let me show you instead," I said and helped her up. She followed me out of my room up the stairs to her another angle. She frowned, "where are you taking me?"

"Patience," I said to her. We stopped in the middle of the hallway leading to the main balcony of the house. I turned to her, looking at her face one last time. I thought about what I was doing for the last time but I realised that it needed to be done, Aviva was worth it.

I opened the panting and her eyes widened to see a door behind it, I pressed my thumb against it and it opened.

"Common," I said to her and she blinked her brows knotted as I helped her in. She looked around the small room.

"What is this? Where is this place?" she asked me and I turned back to her.

"This is my safe room, it is used only for emergencies. You can stay here as long as you want, food, drink everything is here. There is an underground tunnel that can help you to the other side of the estate." I walked toward another part of the small room and pressed a hidden bottom on the wall.

"This is the exit way you can use. This room is as secured as a fortress. Only the people that have access to it can come out. You and I are the only people that have access to it." I entered it into the system and placed her finger on the scanner. It scanned it and registered her finger.

Her mouth opened, "wow, I never knew that something like this existed in this house." she twirled, "this is nice. You know because of the mafia and all." she said awkwardly. I laughed and pulled her into me, I leaned in and pressed my lips against hers. Nothing could ever defeat the feeling of satisfaction that I felt when I kissed or touched her. She was just... Peace.