3

Eduardo.
****

I fixed my collar, rearranging the way I had earlier placed my cuff, and walked back towards the room, I stared at the bundle of cash sitting on my bed, frowned and walked toward it, I blinked taking the note on top of the bills wrapped neatly on the bed, it had one phrase,

'Ojo por ojo, Eduardo Reyes.' (an eye for an eye Eduardo Reyes).

What the hell?!

I turned and flinched looking down to see a sharp dent piercing through my lower torso.

Fuck! Pain shot through my entire body and I knew I had to leave immediately. I struggled towards the coat rack, doubling over in pain, something was wrong! Something was seriously wrong! I pulled out my phone trying to type out Benito's name, and before I knew it I fell over.

Fuck!

My phone fell from my hands, my whole body shook, how did they find out?!!! I held the table's frame trying to move the dizziness and fog away from my brain. I needed to leave immediately.

My mission here was comprised and I pray that I find out who it is! The day before I planned with my inner circle to weed out a mole amongst us. I was not sure who it was but someone had been stealing from me thinking I would not realise. The courage and boldness to it under me was something I knew I could not underestimate.

After stealing twelve million Euros from me, I knew that I had to weed out the traitor. I was the leader of the Spanish criminal syndicate one of the strongest criminal organisations in the world and I would not allow it to be destroyed by internal forces. Coming to America was no mistake, I knew what I wanted out of coming here! I had a feeling the traitor was going to attack here.

It made so much sense, I was a wanted man in the United state, and although no evidence had been levied against me to put me away, I was been watched closely by the FBI, and the CIA. Knowing this and still daring to step foot on American soil was a bold move, one that I would take to catch the bastard who was stealing from me.

Benito and I had planned it out. Inform everyone in my inner circle of a different time and location, If an attack took place on the particular place I told anyone of them then the traitor would be rooted out. It seemed simple but now things were more complicated than I thought.

The only person that knew of my stay in this cheap motel was my nephew and Benito my second in command. This prompted so many questions. I trusted Benito so much but even he could betray me, Benito being my second in command had so much to gain.

My nephew on the other hand was young, and trying so hard to impress me, something I did more even care for. I watched him closely and I knew that he couldn't pull a stunt like this off. Which only means Benito had betrayed me.

I coughed out, blood spilt out of my mouth, my body becoming weaker and weaker! I was weakened and I knew very soon the FBI would be here, if they caught me with that amount of money in my hotel room, they would pin that shit on me. This would be a shame to my name.

Eduardo Reyez, picked up from a cheap hotel, was arrested for possession of stolen funds. Fuck! I could not let that happen!

I dragged myself toward the door opening it, I saw my guards on the floor lifeless, Fuck! I needed to go back to the penthouse. I held the rough doorknob, using all the strength I had left to put myself up, I coughed, and my ear peaked, as I heard a sudden rush of footsteps. Pulling an A. 357 magnum revolver from the pocket of a fallen soldier, I moved the opposite way, moving as fast as possible. I opened the door that had the stairway exist and started descending.

They were too confident, I was sure they thought I was long dead or probably paralyzed. That fucking piece of dart wouldn't stop me, I would fuck every one of them up! As soon as I got out of this Godforsaken country. I limped toward the ground floor and my ear perked as I heard another rein of footstep!