64

****
EDUARDO.

I watched her through hooded eyes, I rubbed her stomach, and she looked up, "what are you doing?" she asked me and I smiled at her.

"I have something for you," I said and she frowned, "Eduardo, I have too many gifts I am not even using, I..."

I pulled the document out, "what are you doing? What is this?" she asked as I handed it to her. "Eduardo, what is this?" she opened the document and her mouth opened.

"When I was in jail, you were out, in trouble because of the people I considered my family, I will not allow it to happen again."

I had to put together a contract that could give her and my child security, "I will not allow anything happen to you, not even if I die or even I go to jail."

"What? Don't say that!" she snapped, "Aviva things like this happen, My job, my life it is difficult and dangerous, I knew the implication when I rook it on and I will not allow you to be vulnerable again," I said softly, tears started leaking from eyes, she looked like she was going to cry. I engulfed her in an uncomfortable hug, feeling so happy with myself.

"Eduardo, thank you... I don't know what to say, I just..." I wiped her tears away and smiled, trying not to cry anymore.

"Sir," I heard Carlos say from behind me, "we have a guest," I frowned, hearing this, "a guest?"

"You must come now, sir, this is very important." I blinked, "go," Aviva said and I decided to follow Carlos.

"Who is it?" I asked as we approached my office, "Lorenzo Mancini," I frowned. What did that bastard want? After my release, I cut ties with the Italians, they were not trustworthy and they betrayed me, I swore never to let anyone bring me down like that.

"Why did you let him? I thought I had clear order not to let any of them in after the scene Catalina caused here?" I asked, angrily. Carlos shrugged, "he said he had something important to say, something that you would want to hear."

I frowned, "I am not interested in anything he has to say! What could he offer me except money?" I said to myself, with a frown as we got to the front of my office, my men had tripled at the door, good!

We entered the office to find him, Lisa was swearing him tea while his men stood around him, as soon as he saw me, he stood to his feet, "Eduardo," he called.

"Lorenzo," I nodded briefly, before taking my seat opposite him. He sighed, "What do you want?" I did not bother to hide my disdain for him, if I could I would shoot him at that moment but I was too smart for that, I was not going to do that knowing how much power held in the state. He was unstoppable.

"I came here for what you took from Catalina, please return it to me." I scoffed, was he joking?!

"You are really something Lorenzo, you come in here and and sit here and think that I am going to adhere to your demands?"

"Eduardo you have no right to have my possession, those documents belong to the Don of the Italian mafia and you have snatched them from Catalina!"

"Catalina was stupid, coming in here offering herself for marriage? Did you punish her? Did you punish get for stealing something like that?" I asked him with a smirk. "Of course, you didn't," I tsked when he did not answer.

"It is none of your business Eduardo! That document is mine! Return it!"

"You must think me a fool? Return a document that will put you away and ruin your father?"

He sighed and rubbed his eyes, "I want it back," he said again. "You know you cannot just walk in here anyhow!"

"I know, that is why I have come with news and a gift," he pulled out a white invitation card and I blinked.