25

****
Eduardo.

Something was wrong, I nodded at Marco Mancini and shook his hand, I had arrived late, the party was not of important to me, but I knew I needed more Italians and Spanish on my side. I watched Aviva order a drink at the bar, she was almost doubled over.

Mikel was not in sight, nor was Carlos or Alejandro, where the fuck were they?! Did they leave Aviva to herself at a party like this?! Alejandro knew better than to relax. A party like this might seem fun and nice, but it was filled with dangerous men, I didn't want her here but Marco Manici had called me himself to request Aviva and I's presence.

I had another emergency with Rio's men. They had been popping up around the city trying to intimidate Marco's people. Rio knew what he was doing, he knew attacking Marco directly was a big thing, men have been arrested and killed but it was hectic.

More kept coming, they kept popping up all over town, and we had to take them down. The blood spree was exhausting. I was constantly working, trying to catch Rio and his fucking minions and trying to stable things back at home.

Those petty gangs at home were not stopping, they were attacking everywhere, for now, Benito is doing a good job at curbing them but my return to Spain was inevitable. Going back would stop the attacks but I wanted to catch Rio first.

Lorenzo and I visited that beach house but it was a ghost town, I knew Rio was going to change location but I was hopeful he was stupid enough to stay on that property. He sold it to some fucking investor, we traced the investor but it was a dead end.

We knew he was still in the city but tracking him was better in words than in actions. We did everything we could but he was not turning up, his men swore loyalty to him and would not give any relevant information even after torture.

"Eduardo Reyes," I glanced at the man standing before me with a smile, Alessio Ricci, Catalina's uncle. I nodded at him with a grim expression. He knew to tread lightly with me after marrying Catalina off to Marco Mancini, even when we had a marriage contract binding us together.

Ten years before, I was not as strong or as powerful as now, I had to fight to stay alive. We were crumbling because of the bigger gangs in Spain, I tried to make my stamp on Spain and the world. I came out in vain, I was constantly getting sabotaged.

I sort out Alessio's help and he gave me his niece's hand. I had seen Catalina for months and I loved her, I wanted her but I was young as naviee to think Alessio was genuine. He made me pay a fucking dowry for Catalina's had and then he went back on our deal, I was caught within a tight corner and my army was stretched thin. He knew I could not afford any more enemies and took advantage of that.

I heard from Mama that Catalina my supposed fiancee was another man's wife, I was enraged, I was devasted. I hated being powerless, he fueled me to work fucking hard to establish myself in Spain, I worked for years to make my rein stable, with no one powerful enough to harm me unto Rio, that fucking bastard. The rat was hiding from me, he did not know what was coming to him.

"How have you been Eduardo?"

"It is Don Eduardo to you!" I growled, and he raised his hands in surrender, "Relax Eduardo, It has been a long while since we met, I thought you would handle your rage better with age, but I see that I was wrong."

My eyes went to Aviva, she was still alone, I needed to see her. I had to leave just some minutes after seeing her. I have barely been seeing her since this fucking war started and I have to admit to myself that I missed her, very much. She enraged me but I did not know how to explain that I like being enraged, I liked her enraging me. She tested my limit, and I fucking liked it.