10

****
Aviva.

I stood behind Eduardo as the other man pointed the gun at us. He started at both of us with clenched hands and instead of hands, I prayed he was high. It might give us little leverage as we needed it so badly. We spent so much time talking about a plan without doing anything that our opportunity was missed.

Eduardo had his gun pointed at the man, I started trying to get an Uber, if we were going to get out an Uber could work.

"You will be wise to drop that wake talkie!" Eduardo threatened. Even in the most dire situation, the man was still making threats as if he was the owner of the world.

"Who ate you to tell me what to the prisoner!" the guard snapped. "I will alert everyone of your escape!"

I was thankful the bastard was still talking, Eduardo got his gun ready as I booked the Uber. My heart drummed as the man raised his gun at us, I hid behind Eduardo praying some miracle happened to save us.

A large alert startled us, and I looked around, what the fuck were we doing?! If that shit was right they found that we were gone right. Fuck we needed to get out before Rio located us. I glanced at the distracted soldier. Eduardo suddenly yank the knife from my hand and threw it at the distracted soldier who fell before he could push the trigger of his gun. The knife lurched into his throat making me look away. I have witnessed too much violence in the last few weeks that I was frankly tired.

"Did you do it!" he screamed at me and I nodded hurriedly, "we have to go now! Take our chances! The alarms are triggered already that they would be looking everywhere!"

He dragged me as best as he could toward the fence, and he looked around. The fence was not that high but they were wires.

"We need to switch off the electricity!"

"The Uber is waiting on the other side! I am not sure how we want to do this."

"The electric fence should have a switch or something! One should be in the stables!"

"How sure are you?!" he asked with panic in his eyes, "I don't know!" I say with almost a cry, I looked around and ran back into the stable, I looked around foraging that by some sheer luck I found it. My luck did not fail as I found a big blue button. I ran toward the end of the large stable and slammed it, the power to the stable went out. Leaving me in total darkness, I was terrified. But j knew that I had to pull through.

My heart was literally about to jump out of my chest as I made a run for it. As Eduardo saw me approach. He put all his strength into climbing the white bleach fence to the other side. I held the phone tightly. Praying that the screen does not go off.

I finally made it to the fence when I heard footsteps the alarm went off as Eduardo held the beach's white fence. I glanced at the men approaching us. I jumped onto the fence but the bullet started flying. I screamed landing on the floor on the other side, tears rushing from my eyes, Eduardo pulled me up. My hands were shaking as I started losing blood. I had been shot, in my arm. The phone fell into the mud and was now sinking.

"We have to go now!" he screamed at me, my weak body could not move. The pain was excruciating. My hands were weak and heavy, I started shaking. Eduardo pulled me earning a allowing scream from me. We ran toward the Uber waiting patiently. We entered the car and screamed for the man to step on it. Before the man could say anything, Eduardo had his gun to his head. I was crying and holding my arm, I panted as I watched the beach house slowly disappear.

"Aviva!" Eduardo called, I heard his voice in the distance. I was having a bad ache from my hand that radiated through my tired body. Hearing my name was giving me too have pain. Fuck, this show was too painful.