65

****
AVIVA.

I rubbed my stomach and yawned, "Eduardo I am not sure it is the best thing to attend this wedding I mean, Catalina will not be there, she is my friend."

Eduardo scoffed and looked away and friend, what was his problem? I did not bother to ask but just looked away. We were already having issues regarding the Spain issue and I did not have the strength to argue, Eduardo wanted me to attend Lorenzo's wedding even though I felt like it would be awkward seeing as I was once engaged to him. Eduardo did not see it that way though, he saw it as my obligation to go with him.

As soon as our car stopped at the front of the church he came down and men were already around him as he helped me down, he was very paranoid this day and it bothered me, I suspected it had something to do with Rio, who I have heard was tracking havoc on Los Angeles.

"Are you alright?" he asked me, and I nodded, the sun was shining very bright today and it seemed like it was going to be a good day. It felt like everything was going to be okay even though I was not happy about how Lorenzo was handling the whole issue but it was none of my business, I could not change whatever had happened with her.

Eduardo helped me into the church and I gasped, it was beautiful, Lorenzo must have spent a fortune to decorate the place. I looked around as we walked down and took our seats not far from the pulpit. I looked around as the people started taking their seats, I looked toward my side and saw Catalina there, she was hearing a voice, but I could not see her well. She did not look happy at all but who could, it was a good thing that Lorenzo was now the Don, so I prayed that he protected her from the vicious people in the Mancini family.

Very soon the wedding was over and Lorenzo led his new bride to the end of the church where people were standing, to congratulate them. As we were about to approach them, Catalina walked toward me, "Hello Aviva," she sniffed, she did not look so good and I knew that it had something to do with the wedding, I felt so bad for her.

"Aviva, we have to go," Eduardo said with a frown not even paying her any heed, "why don't you go ahead, I need to talk to Catalina for a second..."

"No!" he snapped and I frowned, what was wrong with him? I mean I knew that he was not really happy but what was wrong?

"Eduardo..."

"Let's go, Aviva, you are not talking to her!" he pulled me along with him not allowing me to say a word to her. There was something he was not telling and I was going to know after this wedding whether he liked it or not.

I smiled politely at Lorenzo and his new wife, it felt pretty weird, looking at the woman who tried to impersonate me marrying the man I was supposed to marry but he did not matter now they were married already.

"Lorenzo," Eduardo nodded, he kept a blank expression on his face and took Lorenzo's and shook his, "congratulations to you," Lorenzo nodded with a guarded expression. Was the man always so... Hard? I do not think I have ever seen him smile or laugh genuinely, it felt like he was just so soulless and expressions, I felt like he could not express any emotions.

"Hello, congratulations," I said to her, and she nodded, "thank you," she said, her voice was soft and I smiled, she looked quite confident, but her face did not match her voice. She was soft-spoken. We walked away leaving them to be congratulated by other people.

The reception was in the Mancini mansion, when I say the designer did a magnificent job, I meant it. It was so beautiful, we were already assigned out sit and I was glad, I sat down while Eduardo sat next to me. The reception started in style and it was a little bit too cynical, Lorenzo did not smile once although his eyes would not leave Rosalia's body.