The Outlander Who Caught the Wind: Part 2

"As we all know, poetry and language flow like the wind."

Yeah, sure buddy. I continued to stare off into the distance. A smile spread across my face. Mondstadt. It really was here right in front of me. There are so many things that I want to do. On top of that list is probably trying some Sweet Madame and Sticky Honey Roast. The way Paimon would always muse over them in the game really got me hungry.

"There'll definitely be someone there who knows about your brother. At least, that's what Paimon thinks!"

Oh shoot, she's moving. I struggled to keep with her. Why was she flying so fast? Did she really think I was in such a hurry to find my supposed 'sibling'. I honestly wasn't at the moment. Like I've mentioned a bit already, I kind of just want to enjoy the moment. So could she please slow down a bit!

"Whether the gods actually answer you is a different story. You never know unless you try."

I sneaked off to grab some berries before running to catch up again. By the time I did I was doubling over at the edge of the lake. I put my hands on my knees and took large heavy breaths.

"You can swim right over!"

Excuse me? Swim where now? I watched with jealously as she floated right over the water with ease. I groaned. But my clothes. Wait, now that I think about it. Earlier when I saved her my clothes dried up pretty fast. In the game it would take a couple of seconds. Would it be the same here?

I rested for a bit more before stepping into the water. Well, I'll never know unless I try it out. Experiment, 'Will my clothes dry in a couple of seconds or not?' commence. The water felt really nice but I didn't really feel in the mood to swim right now. 

Paimon waved at me as I made it to the small patch of land. She was already by the Statue of the Seven waiting for me.

I walked up to it and looked back at her. She edged me forward. With the Waypoint all I had to do was touch it. I'm guessing it was the same here. I pressed the palm of my hands against the large golden crest at the base of the statue.

We both took a step back, watching at it lit. From the base, a light teal light rushed towards the small orb of the statue's hands. It swirled around beautifully before shattering into a dozen of lights that formed the small image of anemo.

This was it. I let the light lightly tap against my chest. There was a rush of wind coursing throughout my body. My feet and arms became lighter. I looked at the lights shinning all around me. I didn't even feel tired anymore. In a couple of seconds the lights were gone along with the small gust of wind but the lightness of my body stayed.

Is this what being powerful felt like? I opened and closed my fist. No, I'm not powerful yet. I've just climbed up the first stepping stone to become it. Still, this felt amazing. 

Something buzzed rather urgently from my bag. I reached into it and pulled out my map. Where there was nothing but paper before was know replaced by the top half of the nation of freedom. Mondstadt to Starsnatch Cliff...it was all there plus the waypoint that I had activated on my way here.

"Ooh! Did you just feel the elements of the world? Seems all you had to do was touch the Statue and you got the power of Anemo! As much as they want it, people in this world can never get a hold of powers as easily as you..."

"Is it because I'm not from this world to begin with?" I said with a smirk.

"Hehe! Exactly! You read Paimon's mind. If we keep heading west from here, we'll eventually reach Mondstadt, the City of Freedom. Mondstadt is the city of wind, because they worship the God of Anemo."