Chapter 33

- Irma -

In order to restore the Lyre of Himmel to its former glory we need a total of four Purified Tears. One of which we get in the beginning of the story and that I have already purified through whatever happened in the Cathedral basement. That only leaves three more for us to get; Fallen, Hidden, and the Stolen Tears. Normally, you'd think acquiring three of something would be an easy task but that wasn't the case for us.

Ariana had thankfully snuck during the earlier stages while the city was on lockdown, before the whole attack. She obtained the Stolen Tear at the Eclipse Tribe at Dadaupa Gorgee. I know that I should be happy there's less work for us to do but I could only feel anger towards her.

She just told me that while the rest of us were worrying about the city's gate being run down at any second she had gone off trying to play hero all by herself? It really makes you question if she knew that something like this would happen. By the passing minute I feel my trust for her dwindle.

The only reason I'm working with her right now is because our interests seem to align for the moment. That, and I have no proof of anything. For all I know she had been worried about Dvalin this whole time and is really putting the interest of Mondstadt at heart. Who am I to be suspicious of someone who is over cautious?

But regardless that means we have two more tears' to get by tomorrow evening. The Fallen and Hidden Tears. I know that getting Dvalin out of the picture is important but Ariana has been putting great emphasis on getting it done by then. There's something else she's not telling me about all of this. I know it but I also know that asking will be useless. This girl has more secrets than smut in her bag.

Dvalin's Fallen Tear can be found at the Thousand Winds Temple. The Hidden Tear we can obtain by revisiting the Eagle's Gate. As for what we have to do when we get there, my memory loses that battle. You can't be too mad at me though for lack of preparation. It's a miracle on its own that I even remember this much. Even that smut reader over there doesn't remember the contents of the early game like I do.

At least not from what she's letting on. Honestly, this whole vibe she has going on is driving me insane. Why couldn't she be at least a tiny bit saner? Putting a crazy person and an idiot together doesn't mix well for positive results. That's all I'm saying.

I shifted the bag on my shoulder. Normally I wouldn't say that it felt heavy but since I was carrying a literal Gods artifact in here, it felt like I was carrying literal tons. Ariana turned back to me and rolled her eyes. Well, at least I'm pretty sure she did. It's pretty hard to tell in the dark.

I looked back at the walls that protected what remained of Mondstadt. From here you could see the gentle glow of the lanterns hanging from them, casting the city in a solemn ambience. Not even the moon was here to help them see the way. I felt pretty bad about just leaving like this. We didn't even get to say goodbye to everyone else.

And yes, I mean goodbye, not see you later. I'm not entirely convinced I won't end up dying by tomorrow. If I had enough material assets in this world I'd written up a will and given it to Jean. I'd probably give my main sword to Lumine along with my bag. As for everything else...well, I don't know. I'd give my money to the Knights I guess. Even though it's not much it would be something to help rebuild the city.

"Don't worry too much. The state of the Lyre can't change once we put it in your bag."

I rolled my shoulders uncomfortably, "Are you sure? What if I...like fall or something and it snaps in half. Isn't it 500 years old?"

She laughed, "Haha! You're adorable."

My eyebrow twitched. Being called adorable by a crazy person did not feel like a complement. In fact, I feel a bit insulted for some reason.