Chapter 14 (Lumine)

Hmm! This fisherman toast is really good. Now I get Paimon's wooing in the morning. Paimon wiped the crumbs from her face and then flew a little farther ahead of me. I looked past her to a small group of hillchurls digging at a broken down cart. I'll get rid of them in a bit.

"Do you think Amber is waiting for us already?"

"Probably. We took a while at Good Hunter."

I wiped my blade as we approached Springvale. Oh, I was right. Amber was here already. She waved at us as we walked up the road. We both waived back.

"This is Springvale. There must be some clues about Raptor'round here. The sister from the Cathedral put some secret Anemo markings on the artifact he took."

Springvale seemed to be a small town with a dozen houses all winding around a large windmill at its center. A lot of the people that I saw were wearing hunter gear. There was only one suspicious man who was nervously hanging around a small pond nearby.

Well, since this place isn't that big hopefully looking for clues would be a breeze too. Paimon turned to me.

"Use your elemental sight and keep your eyes peeled for clues."

I took a deep breath an relaxed my body. There was a small warmth that washed through my body. Soon enough the world around me disappeared. I was left with a ghastly image of what it used to be. Everything green and blue turned a dimming grey. Even my companions took the complexions of ghosts.

Though, I think I could see that trail that the Sister left on the artifact. A bright turquoise path was left clumsily on the ground for us to follow. Amber and Paimon followed closely behind me as I bent down to study a broken branch on the road.

Hmm...they said he was on a glider right? Maybe he crashed into a tree on his way down. But the way that Otto described made him seem like an expert glider. And if he did this for a living there was no way that some pressure would get him to make a mistake that might hurt him. They did mention he was carrying on artifact.

Depending on the size and weight, it could've been too much for the glider to work properly. Amber did mention there was a one-person per glider rule. Maybe it's because the dynamics of the glider were fragile and any uneven weight could make it dangerous for a person to maneuver. So this branch might mean he crashed nearby. 

Best keep looking. In the forest off the road to our left, I found a piece of fabric. Amber said that it looked to come from a wind glider. That supported my theory. So he crashed in those trees, broke his glider and then went in the direction of where we found that broken branch. I stood still from where we found the fabric and then turned to where we found the broken branch.

That general direction then?

Yep, I was right. I stopped at what I could describe as a massacre of turquoise spilled onto the ground. Amber squinted to see the markings. I guess her sensitivity wasn't as good as mine. As long as she could tell they were there that was fine by me. I wasn't really sure how to describe it to her anyway.

"Hmm...How do we know if this was left by Raptor or an Anemo Slime?"

That was actually a valid question. Good job Paimon.

"Anemo Slimes are airborne creatures. They don't leave marks on the ground, unless someone stomped on one to take-off."

"People actually do that?"

Good acting there too Paimon.

"Either way, let's make a mental note of these markings. They're very clear. It seems that the elemental markings point this way."