Chapter 40

Corruption of the Divine Nails

Journal Entry no. 142 (Exploration of Mondstadt)

The Divine Nails that have been cast down by Celestia contain great power. It has been said throughout history that they were thrown down to heal the land following the war between the Primordial One and the Second Who Came. Though, because of this "healing" the human realm was plagued with devastation. One place of this being Dragonspine, a mountain that used to walk lush with green now tightly bundled in a burning cold.

This idea came to me from remembering the incident of the Defiled Statute. A Statue of Barbatos corrupted with Abyssal energy sometime far in the future. Normally something that was meant to remind us of Celestia was turned corrupt but the power it holds remains the same.

So what would happen if we were to corrupt these Divine Nails as well? Their purpose served to purify and stabilize powers that should not exist in Teyvat. Shall we find a way to incorporate Abyssal power into the Divine Nails, we'll be building a device powerful enough to instead, increase and improve those "unstable powers".

I wonder, with this type of power, if we'll be able to open up portals all around Teyvat. There's a certain point in this story where a tree holds tall against a portal to the Abyss. With the concentrated power of these Corrupted Nails, it should be possible. The only question is...how do we come to do such a thing?

I'll have to research this further.

The Journal Entry Above is From the Notebook Obtained at Stormterror's Lair

- Irma -

Yesterday almost felt like a childish dream the next morning. Everyone quickly gathered in the library located on the second floor of the library. Two Knights of Favonius stood outside the door while another two handfuls went around making sure that all was well within the new communities that we'd established the day before.

The library was a large open space with high shelves filling the walls. Some of the tight spaces were filled with artifacts rather than books. Old fans and other relics taking place amongst them. There was a single large table sitting in the middle with two lamps hovering near each end. Exactly eight chairs had been laid out around the table, though it was a tight fit.

Three on each side and a chair on each side. To the front side of the table sat Kaeya, Eula, and Hertha in that order. Then on the other side was me, Lumine, and Ariana. Diluc and Jean sat at both ends, with Jean taking the lead of course.

This morning when I saw Diluc and Jean discussing something quite heatedly in front of the infirmary I knew that this man was tired of sitting around. He had helped us win the battle of Monstadt and it seems that he was ready to help again, probably thinking that the Knights of Favonius would take too long to resolve our problems.

From what I know, he thinks we're planning to attack the Phoenix. Which is something that we also need to go over but there's something that he doesn't know about. Most of the people at this table probably don't know the happenings of Dragonspine or what to make of them.

I've spent the night reading through the journal so right now I was running on pure caffeine by the grace of Ariana who stayed up with me. Some of the texts were a bit hard to decipher, written almost in a state of frenzy. Words would drag out and blend together quite fervently, leaving me to guess what they said. Then, there were others that were incredibly philosophical to the point my mushy brain couldn't understand.

Though while reading through some of the things, I did catch a couple words about what's happening on Dragonspine. At least, that's what I think what's going on. It's still a bit confusing but as long as I get the gist of it I hope that the smarter people on the table will understand. Not only that, I glanced at Ariana from the corner of my eyes. She was chatting with Paimon while everyone else finished settling down, serving themselves coffee or tea to wake themselves up.