𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

The general's mansion was not called the General's Mansion, but Dingguo[1]* Mansion, the house bestowed by Xiao Zhan's father when he was alive. But because the family had produced two famous generals, the common people were more accustomed to calling it the General's Mansion.

*[1] Dingguo (定国) means "to stabilize the country."*

Its master had fought on the battlefield all year round, and there were almost no people living there. Usually there were only some sweeping servants and the old housekeeper.

Housekeeper Qin had been working in the general's mansion since he was a child. Perhaps he was getting old. He watched the little master follow the old general to kill the enemy since he was young, but before enjoying a day of blessing, he was given a legacy as an evil star by the people. Now he was twenty-seven. Other men at this age were already surrounded by children, and his family's general was still alone.

As soon as the imperial decree of marriage was delivered to the mansion in these two days, he was overjoyed. But upon hearing that he was going to marry Wang Yibo, he fainted from fright.

There was no telling what the general thought, but after receiving the news, he sent a letter to him instructing him to take charge of household affairs and wait for his return.

No matter what the masters were thinking, he always had to do his job well. He hastily ordered people to renovate the mansion, and it was really troublesome to tidy up this place that had not been inhabited for a long time.

When people told him that Wang Yibo was coming, he was almost unresponsive and then fell down from the ladder. He patted his trouser legs, trotted to the main hall, and saw the powerful official who was rumored to do all kinds of evil. Black hair and snow-white skin, willowy posture. He didn't look like a villain. He was clearly a fairy who went to the wrong place, right?

"Wang, Wang-daren?" Housekeeper Qin looked at him in astonishment. "You came to visit late at night, what is it?"

Wang Yibo frowned and took a look at his body. Housekeeper Qin lowered his head and followed his gaze, and finding that his clothes were stained with dust, he patted them hurriedly.

"Stop patting." Wang Yibo raised his hand and waved it, then took a few steps back to get some distance from him and looked around. "Where is Xiao Zhan?"

"Wang-daren is here to find the general?" Housekeeper Qin was bewildered, and said aloud, "My lord, this is not in compliance with custom."

"What custom?"

"Before the wedding, newlyweds cannot meet."

"Are you telling me the rules?" Wang Yibo narrowed his eyes slightly, and when he saw him trembling, he turned his eyes away indifferently. "You take care of the affairs of the General's Mansion?"

"Yes." Housekeeper Qin nodded obediently. "But don't worry, my lord, when you pass through the door, the ledger will be handed over to you."

"I'm not interested." Wang Yibo gave Xiao Gao a meaningful glance.

Xiao Gao immediately took out a thick booklet and handed it to housekeeper Qin. "These are the daily food and clothing expenses for our family, please prepare them. In case there are some things that my lord doesn't need in the betrothal gift, in order to avoid waste, we will send the required betrothal gift list tomorrow. At that time, you can prepare accordingly and save yourself some effort."

Housekeeper Qin held the thick booklet, opened it tremblingly and glanced twice. Just like Grandma Liu[2]* entering the Grand View Garden, he said in amazement: "These......these are just daily necessities?"