𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Wang Yibo clarified the situation according to what Zhao Guisheng had said.

When Magistrate Yin realized that Xiao Zhan was having an affair with "Fu Qian," he sent someone to Beijing to inquire about the man, so this matter spread to the capital.

But by coincidence, Fu Qian had gone out to play with two or three friends, so it couldn't be verified for the time being.

The interrogation of Magistrate Yin after he was brought to the capital was a serious matter. No one came to ask him about this affair, and he thought that the court knew in advance about Wang Yibo pretending to be Fu Qian, so he only confessed his own crimes.

In this way, the matter became a mystery, but the rumors had not stopped. After the rumor spread, everyone chewed on it and added vinegar for taste, and when it was spat back out, it no longer resembled the original version.

There were only doubts at first, but later on, everyone began to believe it.

"So, this matter......is it true?" Zhao Guisheng asked cautiously.

After listening to this, Xiao Zhan fed the medicine to Wang Yibo's mouth and said: "Quickly drink the medicine, and then return my innocence."

"......" Wang Yibo was forced to finish a large bowl, and felt that it tasted bitter. As soon as he frowned, Xiao Zhan placed a small bag of candied fruit in his hand.

Wang Yibo took the candied fruit and said: "It's false, I am that Fu Qian."

"I see. I thought it seemed strange, how could the General let go of you and see Fu Qian instead? Perhaps the rumors stopped after I left Beijing." After Zhao Guisheng received his answer, he grasped the key point and went to take care of things outside with a smile.

Xiao Zhan watched him leave and pursed his lips: "Listen to this kid, he seems to like you a lot?"

"Which of your ears heard such a thing?" Wang Yibo chewed on the candied fruit and reached out a hand to pinch his ear. "I think this ear is useless."

"Aiyo, ouch, take it easy." Xiao Zhan yelled, and when he heard footsteps outside, he immediately gave him a meaningful look. "Please give me some face, Wang-daren, please give me some face."

Wang Yibo released his grip and regarded Yin Pinglu and Zuo Ran with his usual expression when they walked in: "What is it?"

"My lord, Kuang Sheng rushed over. He said that it's raining not only in Pi County, but also in several other counties," Yin Pinglu said happily.

"That's good." Wang Yibo breathed a sigh of relief and asked, "Where is Li Yucheng?"

Li Yucheng had not gone to Zhizhou with them, but had evacuated Huaizhou with the Cheng family and headed for Quzhou.

"A letter came from him just now, saying that he will wait for us in Wancheng."

Wancheng was in the north of Pi County, and was also a necessary place to stop on the way to Beijing. If he rushed over from Quzhou, it would take a few days' travel.

"Then we'll rest here a few days before leaving," Xiao Zhan said. "It won't be too late to leave after you recover."

"All right." Wang Yibo still wanted to stay and watch the aftermath.

Fortunately, Zhao Guisheng was not a man who kept to theory without finding practical solutions. It happened that Xiao Zhan had brought many people with him, and with enough help, the city's infrastructure was quickly restored. Letters were sent to other distant officials so that they could send their people back.

On the day of departure, half the city's population had returned.

Seeing that Zhao Guisheng was handling things steadily and practically, Wang Yibo felt relieved. The two exchanged political opinions while walking outside the gate.