𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

Wang Yibo ignored Xiao Zhan and Housekeeper Qin for the rest of the night, and in the morning, still half asleep, he heard someone say: "Yibo, I'm going to court."

He rolled over drowsily and continued to sleep.

He went to the Imperial Academy that morning, and it was quite lively. This was the day that the new batch of scholars went to work. Aside from Zhao Guisheng, the number one scholar who became a sixth-rank editor in the Imperial Academy, the others were assigned positions as seventh-rank editors.

In other words, Zhao Guisheng's current rank was higher than that of Wang Yibo and Ruan Xian.

Ruan Xian was around the same age as them and enthusiastically went around to meet everyone. He soon became acquainted with them and was able to call them brothers.

Some people were gearing up for their upcoming official careers: "Ruan-xiong, does the Emperor attach great importance to this place?"

"Naturally." Ruan Xian smiled and nodded. "Although we don't have to go to court, the Emperor often summons us to draft documents. If he discusses important matters with you, that is where you can show off your intelligence."

"Very good, then do we usually have many chances to see the Emperor?"

"Are you an Imperial Editor or a concubine?" Zhao Guisheng answered unexpectedly with disdain in his eyes. "Why do you only want to see the Emperor's face? Wouldn't it be good to do your job well?"

The expressions of the others changed slightly. Due to his official position and high favor, they didn't talk back to him and only looked at his impatient appearance.

Ruan Xian's eyes shifted, and he said with a smile: "Wang-daren is correct, and this is exactly what I was going to tell you next. Although our Imperial Academy is highly valued, we cannot go to court after all, so you need to restrain yourselves and serve the Emperor well. Do not be impatient."

Zhao Guisheng nodded in agreement, and his esteem for the other increased a bit.

After everyone was appeased by Ruan Xian, they went to perform their duties. Ruan Xian deliberately stayed two steps back, and Zhao Guisheng stepped forward to inquire about daily affairs with him.

Ruan Xian spoke to him patiently and meticulously for half an hour. The two sat down and had a cup of tea, and he said with emotion: "You are worthy of being the number one scholar, ah. You easily comprehend these things, and it seems that you are not far from soaring to the top."

"Ruan-xiong's praise is too much." Zhao Guisheng smiled, but then looked around and wondered, "Isn't Wang Yibo also in the Imperial Academy? Why haven't I seen him all morning?"

"Oh, he's in a room editing the collection of Imperial edicts. He doesn't go outside very often. That is to say, I am idle and have little work, and unlike you two, I don't have the temperament to do such things," Ruan Xian said.

"He is in a room?"

"Yes, would you like to go and visit?" Ruan Xian led him through a few courtyard gates to the innermost Jingshi Pavilion, and stood by the window. "Look, Wang-daren is right there."

Zhao Guisheng cast his gaze around. There were several colleagues in the room, all of them elderly with gray temples, muttering the words from their books. And in front of the bookshelf next to them was a handsome young man reading with a dignified posture, like some family's noble son who had come to join the old scholars.

"Do you want to go in and meet him?" Ruan Xian asked in a low voice.

"Another day." Zhao Guisheng shook his head, looked back at Wang Yibo, and left him alone. "Let's not disturb him now."