𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Gao Tan concealed it very well. Most people would likely not realize that this loyal but somewhat silly servant was actually a martial arts master.

Perhaps out of intuition, Xiao Zhan just felt that this kid was a little unusual.

First of all, Wang Yibo was too relaxed knowing that someone might come to seek revenge at any time, usually only taking a servant with him when he went out. However, when he went out twice yesterday, Gao Tan didn't accompany him due to having something to do.

Secondly, Wang Yibo had picky tastes, and every day he would ask Gao Tan to go make purchases himself when these things could obviously be handed over to other servants. But as long as Gao Tan went, he himself would stay in the mansion during that time and never go out. As for the abnormality of going out to shop, Xiao Zhan had not figured it out yet. He had only taken cherries from the basket twice, and they were not unusual.

Furthermore, the sound of Gao Tan's footsteps were sometimes light and sometimes heavy, making them difficult to distinguish. If one did not observe carefully, it was difficult to detect his martial arts. And he didn't have thick calluses like soldiers, so Xiao Zhan concluded that he was a qinggong[1]* expert and was able to escape yesterday by virtue of these skills.

*[1] Qinggong, or "light work" is basically being able to leap high, run fast, and appear to ignore gravity. You see this in a lot of wuxia novels and movies.*

If these were all coincidences, there was another piece of evidence to prove Xiao Zhan's guess correct.

The smell.

Because he attended Wang Yibo personally, he usually had to burn incense, and there was a trace of the fragrance on his body.

When fighting yesterday, he could faintly smell a scent. After returning home, he casually approached and smelled the same scent on Gao Tan.

Since it was a trap designed by Wang Yibo, he might as well see what he wanted to do. It wasn't until Wang Yibo reminded him to inform the Emperor about this last night that he figured out the key points.

"Since he's using us, why should we protect him?" He Cuizhang asked.

"Because getting rid of the spies does no harm to us," Xiao Zhan said.

If he wanted to investigate the cause of his father's death in depth, the fewer people who knew about it, the better. What's more, this group of spies were not necessarily just to protect Wang Yibo, otherwise Wang Yibo would not want to get rid of them. Then it must be that this group of people would also monitor the movement in the General's Mansion, which was of no benefit to him. He would simply use his plan to get rid of this group by pretending to be confused, killing as many as they came, and returning the General's Mansion to a clean place.

"So troublesome." He Cuizhang rubbed his head. "This is much more complicated than our war!"

"That's right, these calculations and conspiracies are not as straightforward as plots on the battlefield," Zhong Yuehong echoed.

Xiao Zhan sighed. He didn't want to get involved if he didn't have to, but as long as the border was peaceful and his army was in command, he would be targeted in Beijing.

Wang Yibo was demoted first. Perhaps it would be his turn soon.

But he still needed to investigate the cause of his father's death, so he couldn't hand over the power easily. The case had been going on for many years, and......He glanced at the lieutenants who were each as overwhelmed as the other, and got a headache.

This group of people followed him bravely and invincibly on the battlefield, but they were only suitable for obeying orders, not using their brains.

He himself couldn't be regarded as Zhuge[2]* in terms of conspiracies and tricks. At most, he discovered some clues because he was close to Wang Yibo frequently.