𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊

Business at Huicheng Tower was as good as ever, and the lobby was full of people and guests.

The private room on the second floor was very quiet.

When they were walking just now, Wang Yibo came to the restaurant quietly without saying a word, sitting down to eat in silence. However, this silent attitude made people suspect that they had guessed correctly!

Everyone looked at Xiao Zhan cautiously, then looked up at the top of his head, feeling that the General was missing a colorful hat.[1]*

*[1] This is referring to "wearing a green hat," which means being cuckolded.*

Xiao Zhan was crestfallen, picking at the food on his plate once in a while without picking it up.

"Can you still eat well?" Wang Yibo asked coldly.

Xiao Zhan took a deep breath, picked up his chopsticks, and then just sighed listlessly.

Wang Yibo kicked him on the calf and said impatiently: "Fine, there's no end to this, he's only my favorite......"

"Favorite?!"

"Pawn."

"Oh......" Xiao Zhan worriedly ate a mouthful of food. "What do you like about him?"

 Wang Yibo glanced at him a few times: "It seems that he has a big appetite and eats quickly."

"You joke, who can have a better appetite and eat faster than me?" Xiao Zhan picked up the bowl and chopsticks and started to shovel down food.

All of the subordinates were dumbfounded, not expecting the General to be so easy to coax. Several people buried their heads and ate. As long as they pretended not to see, the General was still the most upstanding man in their hearts!

At the end of the meal, only Wang Yibo was still eating slowly, so Xiao Zhan asked the others to go back first and stayed to wait quietly.

Wang Yibo put down his chopsticks, wiped the corners of his mouth, and got up to leave, walking in a certain direction.

After Xiao Zhan paid the bill, he seemed to know where he was going and caught up with him within a few steps.

In a short while, the two returned to Bao Lun's house again. He had brought his subordinates just now to facilitate the search for clues, but it was inconvenient for them to participate in the details. Even though Xiao Zhan trusted them, the fewer people who knew about it, the better.

It was very strange. Even though he had been unwilling to reveal more to his subordinates for many years, he chose to trust Wang Yibo unconditionally, which was simply unimaginable.

He looked at Wang Yibo, who was standing by the window with his head lowered in thought, and asked in a low voice: "Did you see something?"

Wang Yibo bowed his head, sniffed the window sill for a moment, and said: "This smell......is a bit terrible."

"How can it not smell? The wood is rotten," Xiao Zhan said.

"It's not the smell of rot, but......the smell of herbs," Wang Yibo said.

"Herbal medicine? Maybe he drank medicine all year round, then poured the dregs out the window?"

Wang Yibo nodded: "That's right, if you drink medicine all year round, you're either in poor health, sick, or poisoned. Check the nearby doctors to see if any of them have treated him."

"Okay, I'll send someone to do it."

The two searched around again, but couldn't find anything else for the time being, so they left the place.