𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

In Xiao Zhan's memory, birthdays were rarely celebrated and he was at the border all year round, so he didn't have the heart to hold a birthday party. What's more, since his loved ones all passed away one after another, he never looked forward to his so-called birthday. Without relatives, the meaning of the day was gone. On the contrary, it reminded him that he was the "evil star" among the world's population, and he was left to live alone.

But this year was different.

There was one more person beside him, a person bound to him in marriage. They were one in name, and he was the closest person he had now.

He also couldn't tell when his thoughts toward Wang Yibo had shifted.

At first, he just noticed that Wang Yibo was different from the rumors in the market, but he didn't let down his guard easily. While observing him and getting along with him, he gradually became aware of his interest.

The person kept emphasizing how cold-blooded and ruthless he was on the surface, but in fact, when he got angry, he would just use the chickens in the back courtyard to vent. There was also the rabbit that he didn't seem to pay much attention to, but immediately went to check on when he saw the braised rabbit head.

He may be kind, but when he really got serious, he was like the king of Hell. It had to be said that Xiao Zhan was still deeply impressed by the scene where he personally killed that strange man in the brothel.

Simple good and evil did not seem to easily define Wang Yibo.

It was likely that Xiao Zhan also had rebellious bones in his body. Once he discovered that Wang Yibo had an evil side, he would not believe what the world said about him having a cruel nature. On the contrary, he felt that someone else was at fault for torturing a good person until he became like this, and he felt sorry for the other even more.

No matter how miserable Xiao Zhan was, at least his father guided him for more than ten years before passing away. But Wang Yibo had grown up alone in the capital city, surrounded by wolves.

The world was vicious, and no one treated Wang Yibo well, so why should he cling to the true, the good, and the beautiful?

In the early morning, Xiao Zhan was still going to court as usual. To his surprise, Wang Yibo also woke up, and when he was about to go out, he personally escorted him to the gate.

Xiao Zhan suspected that he was still dreaming.

Otherwise, how could Wang Yibo be so thoughtful!

He had hinted and outright said to Wang Yibo more than once that he hoped he could follow the example of Kan Chuan's wife and send him off when he went to court.

But he also knew that according to Wang Yibo's temperament, it was absolutely impossible for him to agree to this request.

Now that he did it obediently, Xiao Zhan was not accustomed to it and felt flustered for some reason.

In the past two days, Wang Yibo's kindness toward him seemed a little too much, but he thought – maybe it was because of his birthday?

He turned his head. It was truly darkest before dawn, and only a waning moon hung in the sky. Faint moonlight fell on the man as Wang Yibo stood upright at the gate and saw him off. His heart warmed and he waved his hand, urging: "Go back, go back to sleep! I'll be back soon!"

Wang Yibo nodded slightly, not knowing if he could see it or not, and then turned and went back. He went to the study with a candle in his hand, and quietly studied the ink and paper laid out.

Xiao Zhan had said he would be back soon, but he was still caught up in the affairs of the court. First he discussed with everyone the suppression of the bandits, then after a prolonged time in court, many people held him back to congratulate him on his birthday. They all said that they had prepared congratulatory gifts and were waiting to visit him for a dribac