𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊

The weather was gradually getting warmer. There was no need for heavy cloaks anymore, but mainly light, thin clothes, which helped Li Yucheng's Jiangnan silk shop make a fortune as people rushed to buy soft, comfortable, and breathable fabrics.

In the evening, Yin Pinglu took the time to come to the General's Mansion, just in time to meet Wang Yibo, who had returned from the Imperial Academy, and check the accounts with him.

The two talked about business in the study, but it was very lively outside. Zuo Ran and He Cuizhang were dueling in the courtyard.

Xiao Zhan lay on a reclining chair, watching them fight. He held a bunch of grapes in his hand and said a few words from time to time, greatly enjoying it.

According to Xiao Zhan's words, if he stayed in the mansion every day, he would truly be too idle.

Wang Yibo first found Mrs. Qin to chat with him and relieve the boredom, but the old lady was so fond of gossiping that she nearly led Xiao Zhan astray. Wang Yibo had no choice but to invite the old lady to return to the back mountain, and and invited a storyteller to come to the mansion.

When he heard the scene where Wang Yun charged in and out of the enemy ranks seven times,[1]* Xiao Zhan waved his hands and said that he didn't tell it well enough. He snatched the other's xingmu from his hand, placed it on the table, and began to speak endlessly to the storyteller.

*[1] This is a famous scene from Romance of the Three Kingdoms.*

As soon as Wang Yibo returned to the mansion, he saw the storyteller and the servants squatting in the courtyard, listening to Xiao Zhan vividly tell a battlefield story. It was so eventful and exciting that even he couldn't help but stop and listen for a while, and at night, he was still asking what happened next.

But the storyteller was not paid, with the justification that he had only come to listen to a story, and a different storyteller was brought in who was a young girl.

This time, it was not about the bloody battlefield, but an emotional story that moved heaven and earth. Xiao Zhan was fascinated by it, and could not extricate himself from it.

As a result, Wang Yibo looked at him a few more times and said: "Fellow, put away your dirty little thoughts."

Xiao Zhan was swatted at by him, and he said: "Do you know who you're beating? A prestigious general, a man favored by the heavens. No one else dared do this to me, you were the first. Very good, I'll make you pay."

"......." Wang Yibo tugged his ear and smiled wickedly. "Hehehehe, fellow, are you trying to attract my attention in this way? Very good, you've succeeded. Next, I'm going to kiss you."

Wang Yibo pushed his face away.

Unfortunately, the female storyteller was also fired.

But fortunately, Xiao Zhan's body was healing well. He ate a lot and gradually gained weight, and was no longer as thin as he was at the beginning. Xiao Zhan dared to look in the mirror now. At one point in the past, he was so ugly that he couldn't bear to look, yet Wang Yibo never left, and he was so moved that he had to kiss him forcefully.

Wang Yibo: "Scram." The aftereffects of listening to an opera were so severe?

Today, He Cuizhang happened to come to talk with Xiao Zhan about some serious business. After the talk, they bumped into Zuo Ran, who had come to accompany Yin Pinglu, and the three of them chatted outside. Xiao Zhan looked around and suddenly said: "Let's have a competition."

The two people: "Why do you want to compete all of a sudden?"

"I haven't supervised you for a long time, and I want to inspect how you're doing now," Xiao Zhan said without a change of expression.