𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

There was silence in the room, and several people around Zhong Yuehong reached out to support her, not knowing what to say for a while.

If an ordinary woman entered the palace, she would consider it a stroke of luck and be very happy, just waiting to bathe in the Emperor's favor, to bring honor to her ancestors, and to share in prosperity.

However, Zhong Yuehong......

Everyone could see her dejected expression. There was no trace of joy on her face, and it was obvious that she was unwilling.

But if the Emperor insisted on welcoming her into the palace, then what would be her fate?

"Yuehong, you......" Just as He Cuizhang was about to speak, Zhong Yuehong pushed him away and staggered out.

"Yuehong!" He Cuizhang shouted, looking anxiously at Xiao Zhan. "General, what should we do?"

"You guys go check on her first, don't let her do anything stupid," Xiao Zhan ordered.

Everyone chased after her, disappearing in the blink of an eye.

Only then did Xiao Zhan walk out of the room with a serious expression, and a somewhat determined stride.

"Where are you going?" Wang Yibo hurried up to hold onto him.

"I'm going to reason with the Emperor," Xiao Zhan said in a powerful and resonating voice.

"Don't go for now." Wang Yibo stood in front of him.

"I only just promised Auntie that I would find a good husband for her. The Emperor will definitely not be a good match. Not to mention that as a person who has practiced martial arts and swords, there are no such twists and turns in her mind. How could she survive after entering the harem?" Xiao Zhan bypassed him and walked forward, his steps so fast that it was difficult to keep up.

Wang Yibo shouted, out of breath: "All right, you go then! Maybe when you return, you will bring me back a death sentence!"

Xiao Zhan gave a sudden pause and turned back in disbelief. After thinking for a moment, he fell back again: "What do you mean? A death sentence for whom?"

"For me, naturally. I am the one who passed the information to you without authorization," Wang Yibo said.

Xiao Zhan was forced to calm down, and said in a low voice: "Could it be that this matter is not a foregone conclusion yet?"

"Nonsense!" Wang Yibo gave him a sharp, gouging look. He appeared to be incensed, and kicked him twice. "Had I known you would be so reckless, I wouldn't have told you all and would have waited for the palanquin to take her directly to the palace gate."

"I'm sorry, I was impulsive." Xiao Zhan patted him on the back and went to the study together with him. He closed the door and windows, and asked quietly, "Where did your news come from?"

"You don't need to worry about it, I have my ways. Just know that if you suddenly went to reason with the Emperor, I, and my spies, would all be discovered, and he would definitely not let me off easily!" Wang Yibo fumed.

"I was wrong, I was wrong, I shouldn't have done it. Kick me a few more times, ba." Xiao Zhan apologized over and over, stretching out his leg. After being kicked several more times, he asked: "So what is the situation now? Is there a way out?"

Wang Yibo had vented his anger and regained his composure: "There is still a glimmer of hope, because this matter was proposed by the Empress."

The harem election was imminent, and the Empress had no heirs, so she thought that before many newcomers entered the palace, she would show her respect to the Emperor first. Therefore, she thought of Zhong Yuehong at the Imperial examination banquet and proposed to call her into the harem.