𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

The ancestral hall of the General's Mansion had been tidied up, and there were two vacant spots beside the old general's tablet. Xiao Zhan solemnly placed the two tablets there.

The two names "Wang Jian" and "Yu Yin" were written on the tablets respectively, and Housekeeper Qin handed them three more incense sticks. Wang Yibo was led through the whole process by them, first offering incense and worshiping, and then kowtowing.

All the ancestors of the Xiao family were displayed in the ancestral hall. It was a family of meritorious service, and any name picked out at will would be a respected person. Only his parents had not been in the light until now.

After making a name for himself, he also wanted to rehabilitate his parents' reputations. However, the Marquis of Anqing's rebellion was a fact, the incident was very complicated, and it was an old story. No one would care who died in the case of the Marquis of Anqing's rebellion. Instead, everyone would know that he was born as a criminal slave.

According to the regulations of the Xuan Dynasty, criminal slaves were not allowed to serve as officials, but could only be sent to the streets of the market, where they would be picked and purchased like objects.

Because his parents had never confessed that they took part in the conspiracy even until death, he had stayed in prison for more than a month before being released.

It was only that before being released, people like him would be branded with the word "slave" on their backs. When the red-hot iron pressed against his back, he immediately fainted from the pain. When he woke up, he had been locked in a cage for people to watch, laugh at, and purchase.

He had been looked over and rejected by many buyers. He was too immature, too thin, and he didn't look like a good hand at work. Coupled with his gloomy face and dirty body, he looked like a white-clothed ghost who would come to take their lives. No one bought him as a slave at all.

He also saw Gu Niaoniao passing by the cage, standing with a group of girls as they were led to the brothel in front.

Gu Niaoniao was the daughter of the nanny in the Marquis of Anching's mansion. The nanny was captured and exiled, but because of her good looks, she was forced to become a prostitute.

The crime of treason implicated the entire family. Men were slaves for generations, and women were prostitutes for generations. This was the most terrifying criminal sentence in the world.

Naturally, Gu Niaoniao also noticed him. They had known each other since prison, but they hardly spoke.

Once, a prison guard slapped Gu Niaoniao, but his mother stepped forward to stop him. After his mother passed away, Gu Niaoniao had no one to protect her, so she subconsciously hid behind him without speaking to anyone, and then the two of them were beaten together. But neither of them cried, only silently gritting their teeth while being bullied.

Life was but a trifle, and crying and fussing was useless.

Wang Yibo stayed in the cage for a few days, during which it rained all the time. He was shivering with cold and had nothing to eat or drink. The other criminal slaves had almost all been sold, and only a few people remained.

He was lying motionless on a stack of hay, with only a pair of black eyes moving to remind passers-by that he was still alive.

He was not waiting to die. Others were picking slaves, but he was also picking masters.

Suddenly, he saw a well-dressed pampered son of a wealthy family pass by, not a few years older than him.

He heard someone calling that man the third prince.