𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔

Wang Yibo was so busy these days that he hardly touched the ground. First, he put up notices reminding the common people to save water, store it properly, and stop waste. He also told them not to panic, and not to drive away refugees entering the city, but to guide them to shelter.

The charity house hadn't been used for many years, so Wang Yibo took the officers and soldiers from the government office to clean it up. Water was specially pulled from a mountain spring to be stored away, and many people were sent to investigate the water source.

Wang Yibo sent Xiao Gao out again: "Kuang Sheng has slow legs, so he could only check the nearby area, but further away, someone still needs to investigate the situation. Go to Quzhou and Longzhou to have a look. If you find a disastrous situation, report it to the local government immediately. While you're there, tell them not to reject refugees, but to settle them properly."

A day later, Kuang Sheng returned with the nearest survey team. His complexion was dark, and his legs were still shaking when he sat down with a miserable expression: "The situation is not optimistic. The crops in the nearby area are all dry, and there are no people in the remote villages and towns. I don't know where they went."

"They will definitely move to a source of water." Wang Yibo found a detailed map of Huaizhou. "Tell me, how many are there?"

"Thirteen of the fourteen counties in Huaizhou are drought-stricken," Kuang Sheng said. "The only one left is almost dry."

Wang Yibo frowned. The only remaining place would probably be flooded with refugees from the surrounding area, which may give rise to disputes.

It was obviously unrealistic for all of these refugees to squeeze into Huaizhou. For one, it would be too crowded, and the distance was also too long.

Fortunately, Xiao Zhan left enough manpower for him.

"We must set up disaster relief sites as soon as possible."

Yin Pinglu also rushed back exhaustedly at this moment. As soon as she entered the room, she poured half a pot of water and reported: "People in two counties have reported about the crops, but they were not taken seriously. I have already reprimanded those two county magistrates, and they expressed their willingness to face their crimes and make meritorious service by donating all of their belongings to cooperate with the disaster relief. The other counties promised to cooperate with my lord."

"You have worked hard." Wang Yibo unfolded the map. "You are more familiar with Huaizou. Let's see where it is most appropriate to set up disaster relief sites."

Kuang Sheng divided five districts according to the distribution of rivers. On this basis, Yin Pinglu detailed the population and finally identified six disaster relief sites.

Wang Yibo took half of the disaster funds and sent people to transport steamed buns and water to the six places respectively. He further expanded the scope to ensure that refugees could smoothly reach other places for refuge.

At night, many refugees suddenly poured in from outside the city. Wang Yibo stood on the city wall and said: "Take these people to the charity house first and enter them into the register. Be sure not to miss any of them."

The people in Huaizhou were quite obedient at first, but after seeing the refugees squeeze inside the next few days, they also started to become agitated. The living resources that once belonged to them were now taken away by these people. Who knew if the next drought would include Huaizhou? Then how would they save themselves?

"My lord, it's not good, somebody threw something into the living quarters!"

Wang Yibo had just returned from outside, and before he could catch his breath, he rushed to the charity house without stopping.