𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊

Early in the morning the next day, as soon as the Emperor adjourned court, Xiao Zhan rushed back to the mansion without stopping. Wang Yibo happened to be eating breakfast, and wondered: "You left court so early today?"

"En, there was nothing serious to discuss, so we dispersed." Xiao Zhan hurried out after finishing his meal.

Wang Yibo changed into his official uniform and walked slowly to the sedan chair. He opened the curtain and stared blankly for a moment: "Why are you here?"

"To send you to the Imperial Academy, ah." Xiao Zhan smiled and sat up straight, saying, "It just so happens that I have nothing to do right now, so I'll just take your sedan chair and go to the Zhong residence."

"You need a sedan chair? Isn't it faster to ride a horse?" Wang Yibo climbed in dubiously, and as soon as he sat down, Xiao Zhan ordered the bearers to leave without giving him a chance to stop them.

"I could ride a horse, but what if Auntie Zhong wants to take the sedan chair?" Xiao Zhan argued with conviction.

Why would Auntie Zhong sit in the sedan chair? To have a taste of a different life?

Wang Yibo didn't want to argue with him anymore, so he turned to business: "Since you are going to Zhong Yuehong's house, you can bring her a message."

"What message?"

Wang Yibo whispered a few words in his ear.

Xiao Zhan was distracted. His warm breath was like wind on a summer night, soft and serious, inexplicably making him hot and restless. It also brought a faint fragrance that made his heart itch, and he could see the line of his white neck, down until it sank behind the lapel. The protruding Adam's apple was like a sharp, gleaming weapon, stabbing at his city gate time after time.

"What did......you just say?" Xiao Zhan asked, swallowing.

"Are you deaf?" Wang Yibo seemed like he was about to get angry.

"The sedan chair was shaking a bit, I didn't hear it clearly," Xiao Zhan said with a guilty conscience.

Wang Yibo glared at him with cold fury and repeated himself: "If she is summoned to the palace, you have her do this......"

After listening, Xiao Zhan found it hard to understand and asked uncertainly: "Really? Isn't this directly presenting her to the door? What if the Emperor really likes her?"

"Do you understand him or do I understand him?"

"......You," Xiao Zhan choked out, feeling a bit stifled. It was a very normal answer, but it left a sour taste in his mouth.

After arriving at the Imperial Academy, Wang Yibo did not allow him to get off the sedan chair, and directly ordered the bearer to carry him back. Then he turned around and went in, hearing commotion inside. Taking a closer look, he saw an old scholar arguing with Zhao Guisheng.

He listened closely, and it was nothing more than a small verbal dispute which somehow involved matters of the court. The Bachelor said that Zhao Guisheng was arrogant, not knowing respect, and Zhao Guisheng in turn insinuated that he was pedantic and old-fashioned, and didn't know how to adapt.

In any case, the rank and qualifications of the old Bachelor were higher than most people here. Seeing that he, a fresh scholar, was so shameless, he was so angry that he almost couldn't breathe. The others hurried to appease the Bachelor and teach Zhao Guisheng a lesson.

In the blink of an eye, Zhao Guisheng became the target of public criticism.

Ruan Xian, who had been sitting on the sidelines, saw Wang Yibo coming and had a change of mind. He quickly slipped to his side and said in a low voice: "What should be done now? Shall we help Zhao Guisheng?"