𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊

Li Yucheng came back to his senses. Seeing that Wang Yibo was on the verge of falling, he hurried forward with Xiao Gao to support him.

"Where is he?" Wang Yibo struggled to stand up. Turning to look at the road ahead, among the figures coming and going, there was no Xiao Zhan.

He ran to the road and interrogated them one by one, asking hoarsely: "Have you seen Xiao Zhan?"

Those people were inexplicably caught to be interrogated, and seeing his red eyes, they were terrified. Afraid of getting into trouble, they waved their hands one after another and broke away, fleeing quickly.

Wang Yibo walked onward, watching the sun sinking bit by bit. He tripped and fell to the road

"Oh, heavens, don't run around. Let's go back first, maybe he just got off the horse to take a piss and the disobedient horse ran back by itself," Li Yucheng comforted, helping him up.

Wang Yibo's dazed eyes gradually focused: "You're right. Perhaps that is the case."

"Ah? It is?" Li Yucheng was confused. What did he just say?

Wang Yibo forgot his body's pain and the dust on his clothing. He ran back quickly, and the sweat-blood horse also ran over.

"He just got off halfway, right? Take me to find him." After saying so, Wang Yibo rode on.

Xiao Zhan was right, the sweat-blood horse was still a bit difficult for him to control. The speed was too fast, and he lost his balance several times before he managed to stabilize his figure. Trying not to let himself fall, he called Xiao Zhan's name along the way.

"Is he crazy?" Li Yucheng hurriedly asked Xiao Gao to follow, and returned to the city, where he hired a carriage to catch up.

"Xiao Zhan! Xiao Zhan, where are you!"

Wang Yibo shouted all the way. Li Yucheng and Xiao Gao followed behind and called out as well. It was completely dark now, and the three of them searched for a long time on the dark road. Xiao Gao held a torch and led Wang Yibo on the path ahead.

Wang Yibo's voice was so hoarse that he couldn't shout anymore. He gazed into the endless night and at the road ahead, and suddenly didn't know what he was doing.

He should have returned to the city and called someone to start a blanket search, or he shouldn't have asked Xiao Zhan to come back earlier, and just had him stay in Nanjiang for a while and return with the army. Then Xiao Zhan would certainly not have disappeared on the way home.

Or, he shouldn't have let Xiao Zhan go to Nanjiang in the first place.

There were so many people who knew how to fight, but there was only one Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Gao walked in front, and his ears moved slightly when he heard a faint sob. He turned his head and saw Wang Yibo raise a hand and press his palm to his eyes. A teardrop rolled down the tip of his eye to his cheek.

Xiao Gao was too shocked to speak, and pointed at him tremblingly. Just as he was about to speak, Li Yucheng gave him a meaningful look, and he belatedly closed his mouth. Looking ahead, he pretended that he hadn't seen anything.

The horse continued to walk forward, and the three of them remained quiet on the road.

Xiao Gao never heard him cry again, as if what he heard just now was his imagination. Or perhaps his lord just restrained and suppressed it, not daring to let them hear anything more.

He didn't dare look back, but silently hoped in his heart that Xiao Zhan would come home soon.

There was no telling how long they walked, but many thoughts came to Wang Yibo's mind, one here, one there, without any rhyme or reason. It was like walking on the summit of despair, hopeless and unrestrained, ready for whatever came.