𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

The candlelight in the bedroom had been extinguished, and it was so silent that only the breathing of two people could be heard.

Wang Yibo didn't wait for the other party to speak, and simply asked: "What are you thinking about? The matter of Nanjiang?"

"En. I was wondering if someone in the court obtained the poison from Nanjiang and used it on my father," Xiao Zhan said.

People from Nanjiang were not allowed to enter Beijing unless they were summoned. Even if the summons came, they would be strictly guarded by the Imperial army. It was impossible for them to come in contact with ordinary people. However, Nanjiang had just asked the Xuan Dynasty for peace not long ago, and it was impossible for them to take the risk of poisoning the old general unless someone cooperated with Nanjiang or secretly obtained the poison from the Nanjiang envoy.

"En, we'll continue to look into who was close to the Nanjiang envoy at that time. It would be even better to know the details of the pilgrimage," Wang Yibo said. "Li Jinyu was there, maybe he can make some inquiries."

"But how do we get him to open his mouth?"

"Wait, and he will take the initiative to bring it to our door."

Hearing these words, Xiao Zhan's tense strings finally loosened. He felt inexplicably relieved, and smiled: "Okay, I'll listen to you."

A day later, Li Yucheng came to the door again. This time he had timed it correctly in order to obstruct someone.

"Are your legs and feet feeling better?" Wang Yibo looked at him with a half smile, then turned his head to look around. "How about hanging in that tree today?"

Li Yucheng's face turned colors. He gritted his teeth and put on a show of strength to disguise his fear, saying: "Stop talking nonsense. Wang Yibo, do you dare to gamble with me?"

"Gamble?" Wang Yibo raised his eyebrows. "I do not agree."

"Why don't you agree?!"

"It is my prerogative to agree or to disagree."

Wang Yibo turned his head to Gao Tan, who rushed over to greet him, saying: "Xiao Gao, see our guest off."

"Yes." After receiving the order, Xiao Gao lifted Li Yucheng up and carried him all the way to the Prime Minister's mansion before dropping him.

"Ouch! Hey!" Li Yucheng fell, rubbing his buttocks as he stood up. He pointed at Gao Tan's back and cursed, "All right, you brat, when I avenge myself, I will definitely treat you with extreme prejudice!"

"Aiya, Young Master, why did you go to provoke Wang Yibo again?" A servant hurried out to support him, persuading earnestly, "The master has implored you again and again not to cause trouble, especially for Wang Yibo. Why didn't you listen?"

"What do you know? If neither of us say anything, who will find out?" Li Yucheng was helped all the way back to his room. Lying on the bed, the more he thought about it, the angrier he became. He beat the bed board. "I just can't take it! Wang Yibo used to flaunt his might and bully my father in court. Now that he's been demoted, how dare he still disrespect me in public......hmph, I've already thought of a way to get revenge!"

He was not knowledgeable in literature, so he couldn't compare to Wang Yibo in that aspect. In terms of martial arts, he couldn't win against that boy next to Wang Yibo or against the vicious Xiao Zhan.

Therefore, he decided on another way – Gambling!

He had witnessed Wang Yibo's gambling skills with his own eyes and could easily win against him. Wang Yibo only needed to make a big bet, and he could take revenge without hesitation.