𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖎𝖝

The team traveled at night and rested during the day. After walking like this for three days, the dry rations and water had almost been exhausted. The people and horses had been very active during this time and had lost a lot of strength, gritting their teeth to continue forward.

Wang Yibo looked at the map and said: "We'll be in Pi County soon, and there will be someone there to meet us. Everyone, take heart."

"When we return to the capital, the Emperor will be sure to reward us all generously," Xiao Zhan said to boost morale.

Everyone gazed exhaustedly at the endless road. Yin Pinglu was holding onto the reins with her last breath, and Wang Yibo even more so. Of the entire team, the two of them with the least physical fitness had reached their limits.

Xiao Zhan looked down and saw that he was faint and muddle-headed, having obviously only slept for a while when they rested. He said worriedly, "Yibo, let's talk about something.

"About what?" Wang Yibo asked weakly.

"Tell me about your childhood. I want to know, what were you like when you were young?"

"When I was young?" Wang Yibo looked up at the sun that was close to setting in the distance. The sun at dusk was like a salted egg yolk, reminding him of a time in his youth when he sat in the courtyard and watched the sunset.

"My father usually liked to recite and compose poems. One time he was reading under a magnificent sunset near dusk. My mother said, 'the sunset is beautiful, like porridge with egg yolks, let's eat salted egg yolks tonight.'"

Xiao Zhan couldn't help laughing: "Then do you like salted egg yolks?"

"I don't." The corners of Wang Yibo's mouth twitched. "So I had to recite one policy theory and ten poems to change to a different kind of food."

"What food did you end up switching to?"

"....Salted duck eggs.

Xiao Zhan laughed out loud: "That is considered a change?"

"It couldn't be helped, there were only salted duck eggs left at home. I ate the egg whites and they ate the yolks. They also joked that I wouldn't eat good food."

"You are able to eat a lot of good things now."

"Yes." Wang Yibo gazed far into the distance. "I want to taste all the delicious things in the world, and wear all the beautiful clothes."

Xiao Zhan nodded his head.

"What about you?" Wang Yibo had nearly lost the strength to speak, and just wanted to hear him go on.

"Me, ah, I was a naughty child, and often secretly ran out of the capital. My mother couldn't control me, and tossed me into the military camp in a fit of anger. Then I regretted it. How nice the capital was, ah, why go to the frontier and suffer? I cried and threw a fit, ah, but my father was indifferent."

Wang Yibo had thought he was born with a love for family and country. Hearing this put a smile in his eyes. It turned out that when he was a child, he didn't know the meaning of life and death, or the principles of the world.

"How did you throw a fit?" Wang Yibo asked curiously.

"I just rolled around and made a scene. Sometimes my father would summon his subordinates to the big tent to witness how I jumped up and down, it was so humiliating," Xiao Zhan sighed.

Wang Yibo smiled slightly: "Then why didn't you give up and run away?"

"Because I couldn't escape at all, so I practiced hard with them and waited for the day when I could defeat my father and all of them with my own hands, and then return to the capital proudly," Xiao Zhan said