𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊

The Imperial court had been very busy these days. First, the governor of Jiangnan was escorted back to Beijing. After a few days, even the magistrate of Huaizhou and several other important officials were also detained.

The Emperor was furious, and ordered the three judicial divisions to interrogate them. It was necessary to uncover those officials in Jiangnan who were in collusion with each other. This was also to set an example for others. After he ascended the throne, he wanted to root out those people left behind by the late emperor, but his focus had always been on Beijing. The Jiangnan area had always been docile and peaceful. Unexpectedly, relying on the distance between them, even the governor dared to ignore the laws and discipline of the Imperial court. There was no telling what sort of decay lay below.

If it wasn't for Kuang Sheng's report that caught his attention, he would have been deceived by these people for a long time. However, although Kuang Sheng was successful in this endeavor, he could not escape the crime of falsely reporting the disaster situation, which had caused the Imperial court to allocate 100,000 taels in vain. It was difficult to transport it back in a short amount of time, resulting in a shortage in the national treasury. After discussions among all parties, the final decision was to remove Kuang Sheng from his position as water reporter, and he would not be allowed to hold an official position for life.

Kuang Sheng was already very satisfied with the results. He knew that Wang-daren had rewritten his grievances for him in the report, so he was able to safely avoid the calamity of going to prison.

The same went for Yin Pinglu. Because she exposed the Yin family and helped Wang Yibo greatly in his investigation, this separated her from the Yin family without implicating innocent people. Yin Pinglu sent her younger siblings to her grandmother's house.

However, there were suddenly many vacancies in Jiangnan, and there were endless disputes in court over who should fill them.

Wang Xuan had been busy for several days, and from time to time, he summoned officials from the Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of Officials to discuss the matter. After finally settling things, he breathed a sigh of relief at last. Realizing that he had forgotten to eat lunch, he went to Sun Muyun's residence.

Since the events in Jiangnan, he hadn't seen Sun Muyun again. He was both busy and worried that the Sun family was also one of those rotten seeds.

But these days, Sun Muyun didn't take the initiative to find him. He occasionally ran into her in the Imperial garden, where the other party would play carelessly with the court ladies and eunuchs, not appearing to be worried about her father. Then he received a letter from Wang Yibo. According to the investigation, the prefectural magistrate was not involved in the affair. On the contrary, there was a county magistrate and the Wu magistrate who had been friends for many years and colluded with each other.

"What are you doing?" As soon as Wang Xuan entered, he saw Sun Muyun spinning in circles.

"Answering the Emperor, I am trying on new clothes." Sun Muyun smiled and said, "Jinxuan's clothes are really good, but they are not as good as Jiangnan's."

"Jinxuan? Such a familiar name."

"Of course it sounds familiar. Wang-daren basically buys all his fabrics and ready-made clothes there. Wearing them out is a living advertisement, but it's a pity that the common people cannot afford them at all."

Earlier, Sun Muyun had specifically inquired about which clothes were the best in the capital.

Wang Xuan smiled. Counting the days, Wang Yibo had been away for more than a month. He said in a daze: "I wonder how he is doing in Jiangnan now."