𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖎𝖝

The mansion was already busy heating water and cleaning a wing of the house. Wang Yibo stood in the courtyard watching servants hurrying to and fro. Those not in the know might have thought that a new master was about to enter.

Xiao Zhan took the woman to her wing of the house and asked her to take a bath before discussing matters, then went to inform the other lieutenants and invited a doctor on the way.

This business had nothing to do with Wang Yibo, so he picked up a fishing rod and went to fish in the back courtyard's fish pond. After an incense stick of time passed, he hadn't caught a single one. With his face sinking lower than the fish pond, he quickly retracted the fishing line and threw it aside angrily.

Xiao Gao picked it up for him again and began to roll up the legs of his trousers: "My lord, do you want me to go down and get you a few like the General did? Do you want to eat some?"

"No need." Wang Yibo spoke with a dark face, and when he heard footsteps behind him, he looked furiously at the fish pond.

"It's getting dark, why did you come here to fish?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"Who stipulated that you can't fish when it's dark? Do you understand the concept of night fishing?" Wang Yibo said snappily.

"Okay, I don't comprehend your sophistication." Xiao Zhan really thought he was delaying his business, so he warned, "Then don't forget to have dinner later, I'll go to the front courtyard to check on the situation first."

Wang Yibo turned around angrily, but found that he had already turned to leave.

The sun sank, leaving only the last bit of gray in the sky, which fell into darkness in the blink of an eye. Wang Yibo sat quietly by the fish pond for a while, listening to the movement in the front courtyard. It wasn't until Xiao Gao began to slap mosquitos to remind him to go back to the house that he stood up and began to walk slowly out of the back courtyard.

"Oh, my lord, have you finished fishing? Go quickly and eat, we've been waiting for you." Housekeeper Qin had come to look for him, and hurriedly led him to the main hall.

As soon as he reached the door, he heard murmurs of conversation. When he stepped over, the conversation stopped. The woman regarded him vigilantly, and gave a shaky nod in a show of friendliness.

There were many good dishes on the table, but no one moved their chopsticks.

"You're here, sit down quickly." Seeing him coming, Xiao Zhan stood up and pulled out a chair for him.

Wang Yibo took a seat and looked at the woman calmly. After taking a bath, she had changed into a maid's clothes and her whole person looked completely refreshed. It was only that her eyes still looked a little red. Xiao Zhan comforted her: "It's all right, wait until after dinner and we will discuss it and figure out a way."

The woman nodded, but she didn't have any appetite. She put down the bowl and chopsticks after two mouthfuls, apologized, and hurried back to her room.

Xiao Zhan gazed in the direction she had left and sighed. When he turned back, he noticed Wang Yibo's gloomy gaze and made introductions: "Her name is Zuo Ran, a friend I met at the border."

Oh, a friend at the border, ah. Hurrying all the way back to the capital, there must really be deep feelings.

Xiao Zhan: "She also participated in combat, and she is as good at martial arts as Zhong Yuehong. But she didn't want fame, so she didn't go back to Beijing with us before, concealing her credit."

Oh, a good woman who doesn't care about fame and is also good at martial arts. She is the perfect match for you, ah.

Xiao Zhan: "We met because she went out with her friend and encountered a team delivering military rations that was trapped, so she helped them and sent them to the front lines just in time, saving all of our lives."