chapter 3 - ship

The girls were in their dressing room, getting ready to perform

Hyerin was getting her hair done while munching on a corn dog. If she had to be honest, she could not sleep a wink last night. All she could think of was Jungwon. The way his arms felt around her.

The way his hair fell over his face and, most importantly, how good he smelled. It was a feeling she couldn't quite describe. She felt so... safe with him. Suddenly, her phone dinged.

She looked at her phone to see..

wonie🐱 : 1 new message.

Hm? Why did he suddenly text her? She thought.

wonie🐱 :
hey clumsy, goodluck on your performance! I'll see you on the stage. :) P.s try not to slip; I might not be there to catch you again.

This boy.. She chuckled at his text, smiling widely. Here comes that fuzzy feeling again.

hyerin:
you think you're hilarious, don't you? But thankyou jungwonnie. gl to you too :))

wonie🐱 :
seeing the way I make you smile and laugh, I think I'm pretty hilarious ;))

Hyerin giggled at their conversation. "Why so giddy, Erin?" Seoyeon who was sitting beside her, asked.

"Huh? What do you mean? It's nothing; don't be silly. Should we do a last run-through for the performance?" Hyerin panicked, putting her phone down and trying to change the subject.

"Yes. We should. Make sure you know your formations, and don't forget. Stage presence guys!" Jiyoung reminded.

"Yes boss-nim." Seoyeon answered obediently.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

As the show started, all the groups had taken their seats, waiting for the MC to introduce them and each group to take turns performing. Nova was seated in the front row, and Enhypen in the row behind them.