chapter 52 - mari

FLASHBACK, the day at the roller rink

JUNGWONS POV

I helped Hyerin off the rink, she wasn't severely injured but she had suffered a nose bleed. "I'll go wash off in the bathroom." She said and I nodded in response. "I'll go with you." Zoa replied and so they both headed off to the ladies room.

I sat on the bench as I waited for them. I hope Hyerin was alright. I suddenly felt the bench vibrate, so I looked down to my left. It was Zoa's phone. She was getting a phone call from "Mari". Just as I picked her phone up to answer, the call ended.

I was about to put her phone back down when suddenly, she got a text message from the same person.

Mari:
whats the update??
did you manage to get hyerin to leave??
why are you avoiding me!
you owe my sister!!

What? I stared at the messages with a confused expression. Who was this person and why is she trying to get Hyerin to leave? I put her phone back in its original place and just then, Jiyoung came and went into the ladies room.

A few seconds later, Hyerin walked out. "Hey, are you okay?" I stood up and asked. "Mhm, I'm good. Don't worry." She smiled.

The following weeks, I started to investigate more. Of course, I told the guys about it and they agreed to help. We didn't tell the girls yet because we didn't want to make any false accusations.

It didn't help that Hyerin was avoiding me. It hurt my feelings when she would walk past me and pretend as if we were total strangers. But I didn't blame her. I know Hyerin and I know she always had good intentions. I know she just didn't want to get in the way of Zoa and me.

If only she knew the truth.

The guys and I came up with a plan. First, we have to find out who Mari is and what those text messages meant. I decided not to break up with Zoa yet, I needed more information.

"Guys! I think I solved the case!" Sunoo called us over to the living room. "Really? Let's hear it." Heeseung said. "So, apparently this Mari chick is Kim Nari's sister. Remember? The one who paid people to spread shit about Hyerin?"

 "Yeah." I responded.

"I did some digging and there was an unknown source that said that Zoa has been crushing on Jungwon for years, she was a big fan. Obsessed, even. She attended our concerts, she even had a Jungwon fansite.