chapter 17 - carnival

"Rinnie, let's go on that one!"

"Do you want to? Okay, let's go."

Hyerin followed the excited Jungwon as he took her hand, dragging her to the ride. Even though she had a terrible fear of heights, she hated roller coasters or any intense rides with all her gut. But for Jungwon, she was willing to do it.

The two were spending their evening at a carnival in an unknown town near where Jungwon grew up. It was a peaceful Saturday night, and the two were free from their hectic schedules.

They stood in line as Hyerin watched the people before them on the ride, screaming their lungs out. "That looks pretty high, huh?" She chuckled nervously.

"Are you scared? We don't have to ride it if you don't want to, just tell me." Jungwon reassured her, stroking her hair. "No! I want to! We can do this, right?" She exclaimed, trying to put on a smile.

Jungwon chuckled at how cute she was. "Mhm. When we have each other, we can do anything."

"Next!" The worker shouted, opening the gate as the two entered the ride. Jungwon excitedly went to the very front row as Hyerin gulped her saliva, following him. Jungwon took Hyerin's hand and intertwined their fingers.

Hyerin was about to pee herself at this point, but looking at the happiness on Jungwon's face, she knew it was worth it. She closed her eyes tightly, hoping it would end quicker.

Jungwon noticed it and tried to distract her to give her peace of mind. "Do you ever want to get married?"

Hyerin opened her eyes, making eye contact with Jungwon, and creased her eyebrow. "Why the sudden question?" She tilted her head, curious.

"Just wondering. Do you?"

"Of course, one day. When the time is right."

"What about kids?"

"Definitely. Probably 10 or more? I want to make my own soccer team." She giggled.

"10? That's a lot, but we can make it work." He smiled.