chapter 50 - sweet venom

They all met up at the roller rink as they had planned the other day

They all met up at the roller rink as they had planned the other day. They specially booked the place all to themselves so there wouldn't be any fans or sasaengs. Hyerin's eyes immediately darted to Jungwon and Zoa who were wearing a matching couple outfit. 

The other girls noticed it and looked at eachother. "I bet it was Zoa's idea." Seoyeon chuckled. "Heyyyy." Zoa smiled, waving at them. Earning a small, fake smile from each of them as a response.

"Hey girls!" Sunoo greeted with a warm smile. "Heyyyy!" Said Seoyeon. "Are ya'll ready to make a fool out of yourselves?" Sunghoon grinned mischievously. "Jokes on you Hoon, I used to participate in rollerblading competitions." Hyerin stuck her tongue out.

"Yeah, I remember. She always won first place." Jake added, wrapping his arm around Hyerin's shoulder. Jungwon couldn't deny that seeing that made him feel jealous. "Really? Did you forget that I was a national figure skater?" Sunghoon bickered.

"We'll see about that." Hyerin scoffed. "Stop yapping, let's get on the rink already!" Hayoung said as they headed inside to get their skates. They each got their sizes and sat down, putting their skates on.

"Woniee, can you help me?" Zoa whined like a baby, kicking her feet. "Of course." Jungwon smiled, kneeling down and helping Zoa. Wonie? Hyerin thought. That was my nickname for him. How could she call him that?

For the first time ever, Hyerin felt disgusted looking at Zoa. She's been very supportive all this while but with each passing day, Hyerin's resentment for Zoa and Jungwon's relationship grew more and more. She rolled her eyes, and diverted her attention somewhere else.

They got on the rink and with a blink of an eye, Sunghoon sped off. The others couldn't help but laugh at his actions. "Wanna race, Erin?" Jake asked. "You're on." Hyerin smirked and the 2 rode off, laughing and teasing each other. The others simply skated slowly, watching them. The rest of Nova and Enhypen were scattered around, leaving Jungwon and Zoa together.

Jungwon's eyes never left Hyerin. It was like she was the only girl he could see. "What should we do on our 1st monthsary?" Zoa spoke, looking at Jungwon who was obviously distracted. "Wonie?" ... Silence. "Babe!" She snapped, hitting his arm softly.

"Sorry? What?" Jungwon snapped back into reality and looked at her. "What should we do for our 1st monthsary? It's really special you know."