chapter 26 - strawberry with chocolate

"What do you mean you told your friends?? Kang Hana! This is meant to be a secret! I clearly said not to tell anyone!" Hyerin yelled through the phone

"What do you mean you told your friends?? Kang Hana! This is meant to be a secret! I clearly said not to tell anyone!" Hyerin yelled through the phone. "Aish jinjja!" Hyerin angrily hung up and put down the phone.

"What's wrong, love?" Jungwon asked, his face full of concern. "Hana told her friends at school about us." Hyerin sighed and shook her head. "Oh no. Well, I'm sure it's not that serious. Kids say stuff like that all the time."

"I hope so." Hyerin replied. "Stop worrying. We're supposed to bring Maeumi to the beach remember?" Jungwon smiled.

"Right. Let's get going then."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"Good boy Maeumi!" Hyerin smiled as she rubbed Maeumi's belly. Jungwon smiled contently, watching the two play frisbee. "Can he swim?" Hyerin asked, looking at Jungwon who was munching on some 'StRawBerRy wiTh ChOcoLaTe.'

"Yeah, he likes to play near the water

"Yeah, he likes to play near the water." Jungwon smiled. "Okay. Come on Maeumi!" Hyerin giggled as she brought Maeumi closer to the ocean. As Jungwon watched them play together, a group of girls who seemed to be high schoolers approached him. "Omg omg! You're Jungwon from Enhypen!!" One of them squealed in a high pitched voice.

Jungwon nodded, trying to be as polite as possible. "Can we get a photo?" Another asked. "Sure." Hyerin noticed and avoided looking in his direction, scared that they would get caught together. "Oppa, you're so handsome! Please date me!" Said one of the girls.

Hyerin overheard it and rolled her eyes, mocking her. Jungwon scratched his neck nervously, unsure of what to do. He couldn't just get up and leave. He couldn't exactly tell them to go away either.

But they just weren't leaving. "Oppa, are you on a date?" One of the girls said, noticing a purse on the beach mat.

"What? No. That's mine." Jungwon smiled. "Now, I would really appreciate it if I could just have some me time today." He added. "Oh, okay oppa! Can't wait for your next performance! Saranghae!" They said as they finally left. Phew. He let out a sigh of relief.

When Hyerin made sure they were out of sight, she returned to Jungwon. "That was close." Jungwon said. "I know, right." Hyerin added. "Here." Jungwon said as he fed her a chocolate strawberry.

"Thank you." She smiled contently and munched on it. "The waves look beautiful in this moonlight." Said Hyerin. "Not as beautiful as you." Jungwon replied. What a flirt. Hyerin was used to it by now. How Jungwon would randomly say cheesy, sweet things. She found it adorable that he adored her.

They laid down on the mat, looking up at the stars, enjoying the comfortable silence under the night sky and listening to the calming waves. Maeumi laying in between them. "I wish we could stay like this forever." Hyerin sighed.

"Me too. Only a week left before we're back to work." 

"Right..work. Honestly, I thought I would quit when I was a trainee. It's so tough to be an idol."

"Tell me about it. From training, to I-land, it hasn't been easy at all."

 "Well, at least you have the passion and drive for it. That's what sets us apart."

"Do you not like being an idol?" 

"Don't get me wrong, I love performing, being on stage, making music. But I don't know if this is the life I want. I just want no worries, no busy schedules, no fear of getting seen by fans. Not having to run and hide whenever I see paparazzi. I just miss being normal." Hyerin sighed.

"I get it, but you have me. And for as long as I'm here, I'll try my best to take all your pain and worries away." Jungwon answered, taking her hand. 

"That's stupid. Why would you take my suffering for yourself?" "You still don't get it do you." Jungwon chuckled. "Get what?" Hyerin cocked up a brow, looking at him.

"That I'd do anything for you." 

@jungwonslatte:hiii yereobun, heres a short chapterr! ive been so exhausted lately due to the lack of sleep but im gonna updd fasterr! we've reached 1k reads! im so happy. thank u to those who are still here, reading my story. i hope i make it worthwhile. <33