chapter 6 - ideal type

Today was Hyerin's first show as a host

Today was Hyerin's first show as a host. She was in their dressing room, getting her hair and makeup done. As the hair stylist did her hair, she was memorising her lines. 

She was afraid that she would embarrass herself in front of the camera.

"Yah Kang Hyerin stop stressing. You'll be fine." The oldest spoke. "I'm not stressing, unnie." She calmly replied. "If you say so."

The show was getting ready to air, so the girls bid their goodbyes as Nova had to go take their places. "We'll see you on the stage; make us proud, maknae!" Seoyeon said.

"Okay, okay, I'll do my best. Thanks unnie." They all went in for a group hug and went their separate ways.

Most of the K-pop groups had arrived, and there were thousands of fans screaming.

Hyerin was now on the stage with Lee Know, waiting for the director's cue. "3..2..1 action!"

"Welcome back to Music Bank! Thank you for tuning in! Today we have our first guest, the newly debuted 4-member girl group who broke the media with their debut album. One of them is even our host!" Lee Know started off, clapping for Hyerin as Nova walked into frame.

"Ahh thank you for that warm introduction, Lee Know sunbaenim! Hello everyone! I'm Erin, the youngest member of Nova! Now my members will introduce themselves!" Hyerin clapped.

The girls introduced themselves and their debut album perfectly.

"So Hyerin-ssi how does it feel to be hosting for Music Bank right after debuting?"

"I'm very grateful for this opportunity, and even though I still have lots to learn, I hope I can make my fans proud! Fighting!"

"Ah yes, I'm pretty sure your fans will be! Thank you so much, girls!" Lee Know bowed as Nova walked out. "Next up, we have the heartthrobs of K-pop, Enhypen!" Hyerin beamed, clapping her hands as Enhypen walked in.

She looked at them, and only one really caught her eye. She made eye contact with Jungwon as he gave her a thumbs up, and she simply flashed a small smile.

Jungwon could tell she was nervous, but she didn't show it. She was doing amazing, just like he knew she would. He couldn't help but think about how beautiful she looked in her mini white dress.

"1,2 connect! Hello, we are, Enhypen!"

"So, Enhypen tell us about your recent activities." Lee Know asked.

"We just got back from our 2-week break after attending multiple events and doing many concerts. We hope Engene will give us a lot of love to our new song "Sweet Venom" and our future comebacks from here on out. Thank you!" Jungwon answered.

"Yes, please give many many love to their new song! Personally, I couldn't stop listening to it, and if you haven't, what are you waiting for?" Hyerin added, giggling after she said that.

It was pretty obvious by now that Jungwon's eyes were glued to Hyerin throughout the entire interview.

"Alright, lastly, we have a question for Hyerin. This one was most frequently asked by Novae and Engene. The fans wanna know, who in Enhypen is your ideal type?" Lee Know asked, and Hyerin was more stunned than ever. Nothing could prepare her for this question, and she knew she had to give an appropriate answer.

Jungwon looked at her, waiting for her response. Hyerin chuckled nervously, thinking of what to say. "Oh wow, my ideal type? I'm still young and have a lot to explore, but if I had to be honest, I would say...

Jungwon sunbaenim."

Jungwon was now smiling harder than ever, but he tried not to make it too obvious. Hyerin looked at the camera, avoiding all eye contact with Jungwon. With that, the interview concluded.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

After the show ended, the girls were back in their dorm, exhausted. "Wahh Hyerin ah. I didn't expect you to actually answer the question." Seoyeon said, getting a drink from the fridge.

 "Aishh shut up. I didn't know what to say!" The younger groaned in frustration. "Now the whole world will think I have a dumb crush on Yang Jungwon!"

"Well, it's true, isn't it?"

"I- I don't know. Maybe a little?"

"Ohh gosh. What will we do with you?" The leader shook her head in distress.

"Maybe you should avoid him for a while.." Hayoung suggested.

"What? Why? I don't want to." Hyerin refused.

"So you do have a crush on him." Seoyeon smirked.

"Ah whatever! Yes, I do have a crush on him." She finally admitted it.

"Well, there's many things to consider. A lot of fans ship you 2, but there will also be a lot of fans who won't be happy with it, and we don't know what that could do to our image. Plus, you know the rules. We aren't allowed to be in a relationship for the first 3 years." The leader spoke.

"I know.. Aish I don't know what to do anymore. I'm gonna get some sleep." Hyerin got up from the couch and went to her bedroom.

She laid in bed, pondering her thoughts. She had been trying so hard to convince herself that she didn't feel anything for Jungwon, but she couldn't deny it any longer.

She does indeed like him.

As she tossed and turned in her bed, she heard her phone buzz.

wonie🐱 : 1 new message.

What? Why was he texting her at this timing..

She opened the text,

wonie🐱 :
So I'm your ideal type huh?