chapter 25 - maeumi

📍Korea, Jungwon's home

"I'm scared. What if they don't like me?" Hyerin looked at Jungwon nervously as they arrived at Jungwon's home. "Stop worrying, I love you and I know they'll love you just as much as I do." Jungwon smiled as he knocked on the front door.

"Omo! You must be Hyerin! Jungwon is always talking about you. You're so much more beautiful in person!" Jungwon's mother opened the door and greeted her excitedly.

"Thank you Mrs Yang. It's lovely meeting you." Hyerin thanked and bowed. "Hi eomma, I'm here too." Jungwon smiled awkwardly. "Aishh, how can I forget about you?" Mrs Yang pulled Jungwon into her embrace. "Come in!"

Hyerin looked around the cozy home, seeing all the family photos. "You have a beautiful home, Mrs Yang." "Oh you are too sweet, come and sit down. Make yourself at home." Mrs Yang said cheerily. Hyerin and Jungwon took a seat on the couch as Maeumi ran up to Jungwon excitedly.

"Maeumi! I've missed you! Have you been a good boy?" Jungwon spoke in a baby voice as he rubbed Maeumi's belly. Hyerin smiled as Maeumi kept sniffing her. 

"Hi Maeumi! You're so cute!" Hyerin giggled as she pat Maeumi lovingly. "Oh, I think he likes you." Jungwon said as he handed Maeumi to Hyerin.

" Jungwon said as he handed Maeumi to Hyerin

"Who doesn't?" Hyerin scoffed. "Me." Jungwon replied with sass. "Ohh? Is that so? Maeumi attack!" Hyerin told Maeumi as Maeumi barked at Jungwon. "See? He's mine now." Hyerin grinned. Jungwon dramatically put his hand over his chest. "The betrayal." He said, offended.

"Here, have some soda." Mrs Yang came out of the kitchen with a tray. "Thank you." "Thanks, eomma. Where's appa and noona?" Jungwon asked. "They went out earlier. They'll be back soon. So, Hyerin. Tell me about yourself." Mrs Yang smiled as she sat down across them.