chapter 51 - kill bill

After that day, Jungwon and Zoa's relationship hadn't been the same

After that day, Jungwon and Zoa's relationship hadn't been the same. Actually, it hasn't been the same since Hyerin returned. Jungwon was slowly distancing himself from Zoa, he was starting to see her true colours. 

He saw how fake she was, how she would always make sarcastic, shady remarks. And how differently she acted towards others compared to how she acted in front of Jungwon.

It was like it was all an act. Zoa noticed how Jungwon had been avoiding her, but she kept invading his space which did not help the situation at all. Jungwon had plans to break up with Zoa. It just wasn't working out between them, but he had something up his sleeve.

 Hyerin never told anyone about her conversation with Zoa that occurred that day. Instead, she tried to empathise with Zoa. But if Jungwon truly loved her, he would leave Zoa. So Hyerin decided to give him space to figure things out.

It was no doubt that Hyerin still had feelings for Jungwon, he did too. But she did not want to be the other woman. She wasn't going to sabotage their relationship or get in the way. She did not need another scandal so she decided that she was going to focus on her career.

She had just returned after years and she didn't want to risk messing anything up. So when she started avoiding him, she thought that maybe then, they'd both finally start to move on from eachother.

A week had gone by, and Hyerin hadn't spoken to Jungwon. They would run into eachother and exchange a smile but that was it. Jungwon was dumbfounded, he was hurt. It was like she didn't want anything to do with him.

Even at award shows, Hyerin would avoid standing next to Jungwon or be anywhere in his perimeter. When Enhypen and Nova hung out together, Hyerin would try to avoid having conversations with him.

Today, they were attending yet another award show. As they arrived, Nova took their seat and Hyerin made brief eye contact with Jungwon before sitting down. The ceremony went on and everyone took turns performing.

"Up next, we have a special solo performance by Hyerin! Let's give her a round of applause!" The MC spoke in which the audience started applauding. Hyerin got onto the stage and stood up at the mic. Jungwon's eyes widened with excitement as he started clapping for her.

"Woah, she just came back and she's already performing a special stage? That's our girl." Sunoo smiled widely. "Damn, Hyerin's not dancing for the first time." Jay commented. "Right? She never fails to amaze us." Heeseung replied.