chapter 10 - polaroid love

It was obvious to Jungwon now that she was avoiding eye contact with him and was trying hard to act as if everything were normal

"Hyerin, we need to talk."

"About what? The script? I mean, if you don't have any ideas, I have a few suggestions-"

"No. About us, last night." Jungwon said as she finally turned to face him.

"Won, I don't know what to say."

"Erin, I'm sorry if I made a mistake. I understand if you don't feel the same; I just don't want things to be awkward between us. But if you find it awkward, I'll tell the manager to replace me so you won't have to see me as often-"

"I like you too." She cut him off. Taken aback, he didn't know how to respond to her sudden confession.

"Gosh, I like you so much, sometimes I don't know what to do with myself. I look for you in every crowd, I secretly hope to run into you at award shows, and I was so excited about us hosting together that I couldn't sleep at all.

I like you, Yang Jungwon." She continued; she was just blurting everything out at this point.

Jungwon smiled and pecked her lips softly. "You're adorable, Kang Hyerin."

Hyerin's cheeks flushed a bright red as she chuckled nervously.

"It feels so good to finally tell you. But as much as I like you, you know the rules, and I don't want to ruin either of our group's images."

"I know. I don't want to either, but no one has to know, right?" He took her hand and intertwined their fingers.

She knew this was a bad idea, but she couldn't help it. With him, she didn't think about anything else. As for Jungwon, he knew the risks he was taking.

If they ever got caught, he knew the consequences. As the leader of his group, he had to think carefully. But if it was for her,

he was willing to take the risk.