chapter 42 - TFW

3 more months later

3 more months later.

Hyerin smiled, watching Nova perform at the award show. She was beyond proud and happy for them. Seeing the way the fans are cheering and supporting them, made her wonder if her leaving permanently would be the best decision.

She was still struggling with her mental health, but it was getting better as she continued watching the girls and Jungwon perform. She missed him the most. It took her a lot of courage to leave him, but she was glad she did. She didn't want to hold him back.

She hasn't spoken to any of them. She didn't want them to worry and she figured it would be easier to forget about her if she cut all contact.

She felt terrible for not talking to the girls, but their career was more important. Jiyoung trained for 10 years to get to where she is. Hayoung was the only hope left to support her family. Seoyeon has been dreaming of becoming a popular idol ever since she was little.

Hyerin didn't want to take anything away from them. Even if it meant giving up on her own career. To her, they were more important.

The girls would always send her Mom video messages of them. And Hyerin cherished each and every video. Those videos give her courage and motivation to keep fighting. Whenever she missed them, she would watch the videos.

"Hyerin ah!!!" Seoyeon yelled at the camera. "Hyerin ah we miss you a lot. Just the thought of you makes me want to keep going and chasing my dream. But it feels incomplete. I'm missing my bestfriend, my soulmate, my dumb partner in crime. I want nothing more than for you to come back and join us, but I want you to take care of yourself first. Keep fighting Kang Hyerin! We'll always be here for you and always thinking of you."

"Yah, who said you can leave us for so long?" Hayoung jokingly said with a frown. "Kidding. Hyerin, wherever you are, and no matter how far we are, you will always have our love and support. Can you feel our love from here? I hope so. Originally, we pushed the comeback so we could do it with you, but we couldn't. I'm sad about that, but I'm sure you would've wanted us to do it. So, this comeback is for you."

"Our baby Erinnie." Jiyoung was next in the video. "Erinnie, unnie is so sorry. I failed to protect you. As your leader, your unnie, I should've fought harder for you. We started the group as 4 members. I hope we get to finish it as 4. I know you're struggling right now, but you have to keep going, okay? I'll always be waiting for you, so don't give up. Eat your meals, drink water, and we'll take care of Jungwon for you. Don't worry, we won't steal him from you. His heart only belongs to you." Jiyoung chuckled, with tears forming in her eyes.

"We love you!"

End of video.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Nova's comeback was released today and Hyerin could not be more excited. They even did a documentary of the process.

Play.

"D-1."

"So today we're learning the choreography for this comeback, and we couldn't help but think of Hyerin. Our maknae prodigy dancer. She would've totally killed this choreo don't you think unnie?" Seoyeon smiled.

"You're right. This concept would've totally suited her." Hayoung agreed. "I think we should leave space for her, so she'll have a spot when she comes back." Seoyeon continued. "That's a good idea. Hyerin ah, we're always thinking of you." Hayoung spoke to the camera.

"Oh, we have to get back to practice. Fighting!" Jiyoung waved at the camera.

"D-2."

"Annyeongg~! Today, we're doing physical training. Hyerin are you seeing this? This is torture. I'm glad you don't have to go through this. But you'd probably be laughing and not taking it seriously." Seoyeon laughed as she was trying to catch her breath.

"She would've been on the floor right now. Our maknae never liked working out." Jiyoung giggled.

"D-3."

"So today we're filming the MV. Our call time was 6am, and we haven't ate all morning. I'm pretty sure Hyerin would be whining and complaining right now." Hayoung chuckled.

"I'm starving, but I'm gonna do my best to make Hyerin proud!" Seoyeon chimed.

"D-4."

"Hi Novaes, today is the second day of filming. Feeling abit tired, but pushing through it for
Hye-"
Seoyeon spoke but was cut off by Jiyoung tapping her and shaking her head.

"Oh, right. Fighting." Seoyeon smiled softly.

"D-DAY."

"Hello everyone! Our MV was released today. Please show a lot of love to it. We worked very hard, and hope Novae will love it. Thank you."

End of video.