chapter 48 - forget me not

Nova rushed to Hyerin and gave her the biggest embrace ever

Nova rushed to Hyerin and gave her the biggest embrace ever. Hyerin smiled contently as she hugged them back. Hyerin's heart sank when she saw Zoa on Jungwon's arm. 

But regardless, she was happy to see him. "Okay, okay, you're suffocating me." She said in an out of breath voice. "I don't care, that's what you get for leaving us." Seoyeon replied as she tightened her grip.

The guys joined the hug, except Jungwon who sat there in disbelief. There she was, in the flesh. The love of his life. Or, past love. He couldn't believe his eyes, it felt so surreal. "There she is, the strongest girl I know." Jake smiled widely, hugging Hyerin.

"Hey, Jakey." Hyerin smiled as she hugged him back. Everyone let go as Jungwon stood up, making deep eye contact with Hyerin. He finally mustered up all his courage and approached her. "Hey." He smiled softly as he hugged Hyerin.

Hyerin was taken aback, but hugged him back. She missed him more than words could express. The touch she had been longing for. The person she wanted to see the most. But it felt weird, knowing this time, he wasn't hers anymore.

He tightened his grip around her, not wanting to let go. He had been waiting for this moment for a long time. The feeling of love and comfort she gave was still there. It was like she never left, it felt like the first time they met and fell in love.

She wanted to tell him how much she had missed him, how long she had waited to see him again. She wanted to tell him everything, and make him hers again. But it was too late.

Seoyeon and Hayoung looked at eachother and grinned, seeing Zoa's sour expression. Zoa, who was watching quickly intervened and pulled Jungwon away. "Hi, I'm Zoa. Jungwon's girlfriend." She greeted, putting her hand out. "Hyerin." Hyerin simply replied, shaking her hand.

The others could sense the tension in the room. "Come on! Tell us everything we missed out on." Sunoo chimed, breaking the silence as they pulled Hyerin to the sofa.

They sat down and of course, Zoa was back to clinging onto Jungwon. "How have you been noona?" Ni-ki asked. "I've been well, been helping my mom out back home." Hyerin replied. They chatted for a while, telling each other what has been going on in their lives.

"How about you guys? Anything new in your lives?" Hyerin asked. "Same old same old. Working on comebacks and concerts." Jay replied. "Boring. Tell me about your love lives." She chuckled. "As you can see, we're all still single. Except Jungwon." Heeseung scratched his neck nervously.