chapter 36 - nari

officialnova : hi, this is kim jiyoung

officialnova : hi, this is kim jiyoung. i would like to address this matter personally. our maknae, hyerin, is not a bully. these are false claims and i boldly say this because there are no photos, no hard evidence. hyerin has been nothing but the sweetest and kindest person ever. i dont know why people would say such things, but they are not true. kang hyerin will always be apart of Nova.
Comments have been turned off.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"Yah! Did you see Hyerin and Nova's instagram post?" "I did! Can you believe she did all those horrible things?" "Yah you pabo, don't tell me you actually believe what her classmates said." 

"Uhm yeah? We always have to believe the victim remember??" "Whatever, I won't believe it until I see it for my own eyes."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

The next day, Hyerin woke up with puffy eyes. Unfortunately the girls still had schedules to attend, so Hyerin got up and got ready for work. She came out to the kitchen and saw Jiyoung and Hayoung.

"Morning, Erin. Want some toast?" Jiyoung smiled. "Sure. Seoyeon unnie is still sleeping." Hyerin replied as she took a seat at the dining table.

"Unnie what's on the schedule today?" Hyerin asked as she took a bite of her food. "We're having a mini concert in Busan, and a mini fan meet." Hayoung replied.

"Oh, okay."

The girls finished up their breakfast and headed to the concert venue. Hyerin was putting her name tag on for rehearsal when her phone dinged.

wonie🐱: 1 new message

wonie🐱:
hey gorgeous, im eating dinner right now. what are you doing?

hyerin:
hey, im at rehearsal. we have a concert later. wish u were here.

wonie🐱:
wish i could be there.
but just know that me and the guys are supporting you always, no matter where we are.
have you eaten breakfast?

hyerin:
thanks guys :)
yea, i ate already. dont worry

wonie🐱:
thats good. btw, my parents and jungra noona send their love. maeumi too.

hyerin:
awh, tell them i said thank u.

wonie🐱:
i will.
text me after rehearsal okay?

hyerin:
okay, i love u

wonie🐱:
i love u more

Hyerin put her phone aside and the girls started with rehearsal and soundcheck. Hyerin was super nervous, but she tried to push all the negative thoughts out of her head.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Soon, the concert began. The crowd was okay, but Hyerin wasn't feeling her best. She felt like no one really wanted to see her on stage. She performed well, but her expressions weren't consistent. She rarely smiled and it was noticeable to everyone.

After the concert was over, it was time for the mini fanmeet. It wasn't a one on one meeting, they would just stand on stage and talk to the fans.

"Hello, we are Nova. Thank you so much for supporting us, we have had so much fun performing for you guys!" Jiyoung spoke as the girls took a bow.

The fans took turns giving the girls gifts, but Hyerin didn't receive any. The girls noticed this, and they all shared their gifts with her like headbands and soft toys.

"We gave them to you why are you giving it to her!?" A fan from the crowd shouted. "Yeah! She doesn't deserve gifts!" Another yelled.

Seoyeon wanted to slap their faces hard, but obviously she couldn't. The girls turned to Jiyoung and being the leader, she made the call to end the fanmeet.

"Okay, that's all for today. Thank you for coming." The girls simply left the stage without bowing or saying bye to the 'fans'.

They made it back to their dressing room and they immediately comforted Hyerin. "Yah, don't listen to those crazies. They must've forgotten to take their medicine." Seoyeon rubbed Hyerin's back.

That made Hyerin chuckle and the girls all gave her a big hug. "Wae? I'm fine, why are you guys acting like this?" She laughed softly.

"No reason, just wanted to hug you. Why? Are we not allowed?" Hayoung said. "Aishh.. so annoying." Hyerin jokingly said.

The girls packed up and they left the venue. As they were walking to their car, they were bombarded with fans. The fans were all invading their personal space and shoving cameras into the girls faces.

They had no space to walk and were being pushed everywhere. The bodyguards were yelling at the fans and surrounding the girls to protect them.

Suddenly, Hyerin felt a cold liquid splash her on her back. "What the-!" She yelled, gaining attention from everyone and turned around.

It was Kim Nari.