chapter 8 - fate

Today, Nova was at Studio Choom, filming a performance video

Today, Nova was at Studio Choom, filming a performance video. "Hello everyone! Today we are at Studio Choom. We hope all of you will enjoy our performance video." Jiyoung said to the camera.

She proceeds to read the question displayed on the screen. "Who is the member that you can't say no to? Hmm, this is easy. It's obviously Erinnie. She's our baby, isn't that right?" Jiyoung and the girls chuckled.

"Yahh, no! Everyone, I'll be turning 20 in a few days!" The younger spoke.

"Ohh, that's right. Everyone, our baby Erin isn't going to be a baby anymore. I'm a little emotional about it." Seoyeon pouted, patting Hyerin's head.

"Aishh, so annoying." Hyerin rolled her eyes playfully.

"Okay, girls, let's get back to work."

"Yes director-nim."

A few hours passed, and the girls were finally done filming. "Good job everyone! Thank you!" Jiyoung and the girls bowed towards the staff.

Hyerin was sitting on a chair, fanning herself as she was sweating like crazy. Suddenly, her phone rang. "Oh? Manager nim?" She answered the phone.

"Yes?"

"Oh, hello, Hyerin ah. There's been a slight change of plans; Lee Know won't be hosting with you anymore due to his busy schedules. We have decided to replace him with Jungwon. You'll be rehearsing and hosting alongside him from now on."

Her eyes widened, and she felt her heart stop.

"Pardon? Jungwon sunbaenim? Why him?"

"You guys have good chemistry, so we figured he'd be the best choice. The fans will be happy. Now I have to go. If you have any questions, just text me. Bye!"

"Oh okay. Bye manager nim."

Hyerin hung up the phone, sitting there in a trance, trying to process what just happened.

Is this a dream? She thought. Of all the people they could've chosen, they chose none other than The Yang Jungwon. She couldn't lie; she was over the moon. She was a little nervous, but she couldn't wait.