chapter 49 - fake

The following day, the girls were in the dressing room

The following day, the girls were in the dressing room. They were getting ready for Inkigayo, and Hyerin was more nervous than ever. It had been a long time since she last stepped on a stage, or even attend an award show.

She was nervous about how the fans would react, and she didn't know if she was mentally prepared to be back. But she brushed all the negative thoughts away and remembered why she came back. For her team, for herself, for Jungwon.

"Are you nervous, Erin?" Seoyeon asked the younger as she was getting her hair done. "Pfft, not at all. I'm Kang Hyerin, remember?" Hyerin scoffed, jokingly. "Right, right. Kang Hyerin the legendary maknae." Hayoung chuckled.

They were doing their final touch ups before they actually had to go. Suddenly, the door opened, revealing 7 loud boys. "What's up!!" Ni-ki hooted as he came in the room. "Aish, you guys again." Jiyoung spoke.

"Woah, rude." Jay sighed as they took a seat on the empty sofas. "Oh? Where's your clingy girlfriend, Jungwon?" Seoyeon shadily asked. Jungwon chuckled nervously as he took a seat. "Ah, she's with her group right now." He replied.

"So she CAN stay away from you after all. I thought she was stuck to you like glue." Hayoung added. "Yah, unnie stop it. Be nice." Hyerin said as she looked at them. Hyerin and Jungwon made brief eye contact, greeting each other with a warm smile.

"You look beautiful, Hyerin." Jake complimented. "Shut up." Hyerin chuckled as she rolled her eyes playfully. "Yeah, you do." Jungwon added, revealing his deep dimples. "Thanks, Won."

She indeed looked breathtaking. To him, she was still the most gorgeous woman he had ever met. He knew it was a bad thing to think, but it was the truth. He snapped out of his reverie and quickly brushed the thought away, remembering that he had a girlfriend now.

"So, do you guys have any plans for the weekend? We should totally hang and catch up." Sunghoon suggested.

"Yes! We should! We can go rollerblading!" Sunoo chimed excitedly. "That sounds fun! Let's do it, we don't have any schedules on the weekends." Jiyoung replied. "Niceeuuu! It's a plan." Ni-ki cheered.

A few minutes later, it was time for the award ceremony. The idols took their seats, Enhypen and Nova beside eachother and Weeekly was seated in front of them. Hyerin looked around the stadium as fans were holding up their light sticks and the fans looked surprised to see her.