chapter 41 - just a little bit

2 months had passed, and there were no news from Hyerin

2 months had passed, and there were no news from Hyerin. She changed her number and deleted her Instagram account. Her mother would update the girls from time to time, but they never stopped worrying. 

Jake's parents did come to visit Hyerin's house a few times, but she never left her room. All of them could only hope that she was alright.

The company was glad that the groups weren't receiving hate anymore, and sales were booming again. Everything was back to normal. Of course, they were sad about losing a member. But they had to think of the others.

Enhypen had finished their tour and were back in Korea while Nova was preparing for their next comeback. They didn't want to do it without Hyerin, but they didn't have a choice.

Nova was in the dance studio, they had just finished practising their comeback choreography. Suddenly, Enhypen came into the studio. "Hey guys." Jiyoung smiled. The guys greeted them as they all took a seat on the sofa.

"Hey girls. Just wanted to check in. It's been awhile since we talked." Heeseung spoke. "Right! I've missed you all so much!" Sunoo pouted. "We missed you guys too. How was tour?" Hayoung asked.

"It was alright. There were many bumps but we finished strong." Jay replied. "So.. how is Hyerin noona?" Ni-ki asked. Jungwon's head shot up to look at the girls as he heard her name.

The girls sighed and paused for a moment. "Hyerin.. isn't doing well. She changed her number and we haven't heard from her personally. Her mom said she's going through a really hard time."

Jungwon's heart dropped upon hearing that. He felt a lump in his throat. "So..we can't contact her?" Jungwon asked and Seoyeon shook her head in response. He was speechless, his mind was blank. He didn't know what to think or say.

"We receive letters everyday, there are some nasty ones about her. It's cruel." Seoyeon sighed deeply. "Everyone still calls her a bully, the company won't even stand up for her anymore." Hayoung spoke.

"Well, we all know that's bullshit. I don't know what her classmates were thinking, but they got it all wrong. Hyerin is the sweetest, kindest person I know. I would do anything to make the people see that." Jake spoke up.

"Me too. It's ridiculous. That Nari bitch is still free and living her life after she ruined Hyerin's. We should hunt her down." Seoyeon gritted her teeth. "We totally should. We could kidnap her and torture her the way she tortured Hyerin." Ni-ki suggested.

"Okay, kids. Let's be rational. There's no way we can do that. Firstly, we're not monsters. Secondly, we will never get away with it." Heeseung explained. "So, what can we do?" Sunoo tilted his head.

"The only thing we can do.. nothing. We just keep going." Heeseung sighed. They all knew he was right. As much as they wanted to do something about it, they knew they couldn't. They just had to keep going without her.

"Well, you guys will update us about her right?" Jungwon asked. "Of course. We will." Hayoung answered. "How are you dealing with the breakup.. Jungwon?" Seoyeon looked at him, earning a nudge from Hayoung. "Yah, why would you ask that?" She whispered.

"Ah, it's fine. I'm okay. I just miss her from time to time. But we have to move on right?" Jungwon smiled weakly. He was lying through his teeth. Part of him wanted to fly to Australia right now and leave all his idol duties behind. But he knew that was impossible.

"Jungwon.. you know she did it to save your guys reputation right?" Seoyeon added. "What do you mean?" "Hyerin only broke up with you because it was hurting your image. But we know she loves you very much."

"Oh, I know." Jungwon replied. "I knew we couldn't be together."

"What makes you say that?" Jiyoung asked.

"Realistically, I had to think of my group. I didn't want to break up with her, but I knew we had to eventually. I just didn't expect it."

Jungwon was in a really tough position. He loved her, but he loved his group too. The truth is, Jungwon saw it coming. The negative feedback they were getting because of him and Hyerin, he felt terribly sorry towards Enhypen.

He knew they had to end it, but this wasn't how he expected to end it. It got to a point where he had to choose between her and his team.