chapter 21 - australia

"Hi eomma, how are you and appa?" Hyerin waved as she spoke to her mom via facetime

"Hi eomma, how are you and appa?" Hyerin waved as she spoke to her mom via facetime. "Hey hun, we're good. We miss you lots." Her mom responded in English.  "Appa's at work right now." "Oh I see. Where's Hana?" She asked her mom. "Hana's at her friend's house. You can call her later. How are you Erin? Are you eating your meals? Is idol life tough?"

"I'm okay eomma, I've been eating well. There's someone I'd like you to meet!" Hyerin chimed excitedly as she panned the phone camera towards Jungwon. "Annyeonghaseyo Mrs Kang, My name is Jungwon." Jungwon greeted, trying his best to communicate in English. "I know who you are! You're from that group, Enhypen, aren't you? Wow, my Erin has such handsome friends."

Jungwon smiled contently at that comment. "Thank you." He said aggressively in English. "Erin, will you be home for the holidays?" "Mhm! Jungwon's coming with me, if that's okay." "Of course! We'd love to meet him!" "That's a relief. Oh and eomma do you remember Jake who lived next door?" "Of course!"

Hyerin turned the camera towards Jake, who was sitting across Hyerin and Jungwon. "Hey Mrs Kang! It's good to see you!" Jake greeted politely. "Oh hi Jake! It's good to see you too!" "Eomma Jake is coming home too, so we'll all see you in a few days time." 

"That's great! I'll prepare a nice dinner for all of you. See you, Erin! Take care, eat your meals and you can always come home if you decide to quit your job."

"Okay, okay. See you soon!" Hyerin waved as she hung up the call. "Your mom is really sweet." Jungwon said. "She is, and your english is getting better babe." Hyerin complimented. "Gotta impress the in-laws." Jungwon said as he wiggled his eyebrows.

Hyerin was hanging out with Enhypen in their dorm and everyone was packing to go home and see their families. "I can't wait to meet your little sister." Jungwon added as he packed his luggage. "I'm sure she'll love you."

"Hyerin ah don't you need to go to your dorm and pack?" Sunoo asked. "Wae? Are you kicking me out?" Hyerin teased. "Aishh, I'm asking for real!" Sunoo rolled his eyes. "I've already finished packing. Our flights in 2 days, so I did it in advance." Hyerin chuckled.

"Are you staying in Australia for the whole two months?" Heeseung asked. "No, we're planning to stay there for a month and come back to Korea to spend the remaining time with Jungwon's family." Hyerin answered. The idols had a 2 month break, the couple decided to spend the first month with Hyerin's family and the second with Jungwon's.

"Wow okay. Have fun you two. Don't come back with any babies." Sunghoon teased as everyone burst into laughter. The couple simply rolled their eyes at his comment, laughing in the end.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

It was the night before Hyerin's flight, and Nova was having dinner together at a korean barbecue restaurant. "Wow, I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I'm actually gonna miss you guys." Hayoung sighed. "Right.. 2 months is a long time." Hyerin pouted. 

It would be the first time the girls separated since their debut, and they were all super attached. "Yah yah, we're not dying or anything. We can always facetime, and we'll see eachother again." Seoyeon smiled, trying to lift the mood even though she was sad herself too.

"That's right. Let's enjoy the night before we go our separate ways. We'll finally be back home with our families, and we'll see eachother again in no time!" Jiyoung cheered. The girls enjoyed their night, eating and laughing away.

"You guys better come back in one piece, and Hyerin, I don't want you to come back and announce that you're pregnant or something." Jiyoung warned.

"I'll try!" Hyerin teased, earning glares from Jiyoung and Hayoung. "Are you and Jungwon.. doing it?" Seoyeon asked. "Are we? I don't know~" "Yah! We're your sisters! You should tell us!" "Not saying anything!" Hyerin shook her head. "Psh.. lame. I bet you are. All those times you said you were going to the bathroom, we're not stupid."

Hyerin choked on her food a little upon hearing Seoyeon's comment. "Shut up!" The girls laughed their asses off and enjoyed their last night together.

 "Shut up!" The girls laughed their asses off and enjoyed their last night together

erinnie_ : happy holidays Novae! see u all in 2 months <33
tagged k.jiyoung, hayoung00, seoyeonn
k.jiyoung : see you girls soon TT
hayoungg00 : im gonna miss u guys
seoyeonn : im rocking this pink hair colour
View 384,54 more comments.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

The next morning, Hyerin, Jungwon and Jake were in the car, on the way to the airport. They had arranged a private jet, so there wouldn't be any fans or paparazzi seeing them together. "I can't wait to go home and show you around my hometown." Hyerin smiled. Jungwon took her hand, caressing it.

"I can't wait either, spending 2 whole months together? I can't wait to see how musty you look when you just wake up." Jungwon teased. "Yah!" Hyerin snapped back, hitting his arm softly. 

"He's right though. I remember when we used to have sleepovers and you would wake up with drool-" Jake joined in the conversation from the front seat but was cut off by Hyerin pinching his arm. "Yah! You're supposed to be on my side!" "Ouch!!" The 3 laughed as they reached the airport.

They boarded the jet and were on their way to

📍Brisbane, Australia.